018: This is My Life

Chapter EighteenThis is my lifeSeason 1, Episode 3"Yeah, but mom

Chapter Eighteen
This is my life
Season 1, Episode 3
"Yeah, but mom. I'm not you. This is my life."
====================================

Amelia was walking with Sarah, Jonathan and Jordan to the boys football practice.
"So you're dad did a 180 on the whole football thing?" Sarah asks Jordan.
"Got a little help from Jon." Jordan replies.
"well, uh, I can neither confirm nor deny, but I will say that, let's just assume you owe me now." Jonathan says, before looking directly at Amelia. "Can I talk to you?"
"Yeah, sure. See you guys later." Amelia says, before her and Jonathan walk away. "So, you got a game on Friday?"
"Yeah,um... You quit the cheer team. Are you still going to go?" Jonathan asks.
"Do you want me to?" Amelia asks.
"I mean..." Jonathan says, with a small smile.
"Yeah. Yeah. It might be fun to see as a bystander. I'll be there." Amelia says, causing Jonathan's smile to widen.
"Great." Jonathan says.
"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Amelia asks, causing Jonathan to sigh.
"I... Amelia, I really like you." Jonathan says.
"I- I really like you to." Amelia replies.
"I've got to break up with my girlfriend back in Metropolis. I think I should do it in person, she'll be here for that Harvest Festival you guys have in a couple weeks, so I'll break up with her then. But, maybe after..." Jonathan says.
"I would love to." Amelia says with a small smile. "I don't have to rejoin cheer now that I'm THE Jonathan Kent's future girlfriend, right?"
"Not if you don't want to." Jonathan says.
"Thank god." Amelia says, causing the pair to laugh. "I got to get going. But have fun at practice."
"See you later." Jonathan says.
He couldn't help but lean down and kiss the blonde for a couple seconds. Amelia kisses him back, letting out a small laugh before walking away.

Jade and Grayson were stood talking a little away from Amelia and Jonathan.
"So, I would really like it if you came to my game this Friday." Grayson tells Jade.
"Well, you would be happy to know that I'm already coming. Seeing as both my brothers are on the team and my dad is now assistant couch, I'm kind of being dragged." Jade says, as the pair laugh. "But now that I know your playing I would be more then happy to come."
"Aww thank you so much." Grayson says, jokingly as he places his hand on his chest.
"Shut up." Jade says shoving Grayson slightly.
"You always surprise me you do. One moment your being nice to me and the next your shoving me." Grayson says, laughing as Jade rolls her eyes.
"Can't handle me?" Jade asks, crossing her arms.
"Oh no, I definitely can. Think your forgetting I use to date Amelia Davis." Grayson says, causing Jade to laugh.
"It's good that you and her are still friends from her." Jade says, causing Grayson to smile.
"She's my best friend. We've known each other since we were born. Me, her and Sarah have gone everywhere together since we were born. Our parents were all friends in high school. Them, and your dad actually did everything together." Grayson explains.
"How come I never knew this?" Jade asks.
"Not sure. Your dad talked to you a lot about Smallville right?" Grayson asks.
"Yeah, he does. He probably mentioned it but he's told so many stories I may have forgot." Jade says, with a small laugh causing Jade to laugh as well.
"Yeah. That sounds like a likely case." Grayson says.
"Lowe! We've got practice, man! Come on!" Sean calls over to Grayson.
"I got to go. But I'll call you later." Grayson tells the brunette.
"Yeah, sure. Talk to you later." Jade says.
Grayson then jogs past Jade to his teammates. Jade watches him before walking away.

~~~~~

Amelia walks into the kitchen to find her mom surprisingly already home.
"Hey, mom." Amelia says.
"Hey, sweetie. Did you talk to Lana? Are you back on the team?" Nora asks.
"About that." Amelia says, bowing her head a little, before throwing it back slightly and looking down. "I was thinking, maybe it's a good thing I quite. I didn't have much time to myself and now I do."
"Sweetie, I was a cheerleader, in fact I was a captain like you were." Nora tells her.
"Yeah, but mom. I'm not you. This is my life." Amelia says.
"I know sweetie. But I think your making a huge mistake." Nora replies.
"Then it's my mistake to make." Amelia responds, with a shrug. "I got to go upstairs and do some homework."
"OKay." Nora sighs. "I'll shout up when dinners reader."
Amelia smiles and nods before heading up to her room.