008: Best Friend Talk

Chapter EightBest Friend TalkSeason 1, Episode 2"There's no way anything can happen between me and Jonathan

Chapter Eight
Best Friend Talk
Season 1, Episode 2
"There's no way anything can happen between me and Jonathan. Even if I wanted it to."
====================================

Jade was sat at the table with Lois and Jordan when Jonathan announced his playbook still hadn't arrived.
"The playbook never arrived?" Lois asks.
"Should've been here when we moved in." Jonathan says. "I don't know how I'm suppose to know the plays. But whatever."
"You want me to call Couch Gaines?" Clark asks, as he and Jonathan also sit down at the table.
"No, It's fine." Jonathan says.
"I only got two of the AP classes I wanted, and they put my in Spanish instead of French." Jordan says.
"I haven't even looked at my schedule yet." Jonathan says.
"Same." Jade adds.
"I'm sure it's just as crappy as mine." Jordan says.
"We actually wanted to talk to you both about school, anyway." Lois tells Jade and Jordan.
"We have some concerns about you going right now." Clark says.
"Isn't that why we moved here?" Jade asks.
"We came here so that your father and Would be around more, and we'd have more time to spend together as a family." Lois answers.
"And to live in a safer place for me to teach you both about your powers and the reason you have them." Clark adds.
"What do we need to learn? We're a little stronger, so what?" Jordan asks.
"Your a lot stronger and you had an ocular release of energy." Clark says.
"Is that seriously what it's called?" Jonathan asks, laughing.
"It doesn't matter what it's called he almost hurt a bunch of kids." Lois says.
"It was an accident. I don't even know how it happened." Jordan says.
"That's exactly our point." Lois says.
"So we're just not going to go to school?" Jade asks.
"Until we know how to keep it from happening again, yes." Clark says.
"Why can't we just have one of those beeper things that mom has in case something goes wrong?" Jordan asks.
"An ELT is not the solution, Jordan." Clark tells him.
"You know what, I thought coming here would be a chance to start over. But I guess I'm just going to be a freak like always." Jordan says, getting up.
Jordan walks away and Jade shakes her head at her parents.
"Jordan." Jade says, getting up and following her brother.

~~~~~

At the Davis household, Addison and Danny were sat at the table, and Nora was getting lunch ready, when Amelia walks in after having a sleepover at her friend Candice's the night before.
"Hey Bubba." Danny says, as his daughter enters the kitchen.
"Hey dad." Amelia says, as her mother walks infront of her.
"How was Candice's?" Nora asks, as her oldest daughter goes over taking a sandwhich off her younger sister's plate.
"It was good." Amelia says, taking a bite of the sandwich.
"Hey, that's mine." Addison says.
"Addi, you always ask for three sandwiches but only eat two. It's fine." Amelia says, taking another bite of the sandwhich.
"Amelia." Danny says with a stern voice.
"Fine. Sorry, Addi." Amelia says, before her phone goes off. She looks at her phone to see Sarah calling her. "It's Sarah."
"You and Sarah. I swear you girls are two peas in a pod." Danny says, as Amelia places the sandwhich back down on Addison's plate.
Amelia walks over kissing her dad's cheek before leaving the kitchen and heading up to her room.

"Hey, Sar. What's up?" Amelia asks, sitting down on her bed.
"You'll never guess who's staying in Smallville." Sarah says.
"Who?" Amelia asks.
"The Kent family." Sarah informs her.
"What? No way." Amelia says.
"My mom just got a call from Clark confirming they were staying. I wasn't meant to hear but I did." Sarah says.
"Are they staying for good, or...?" Amelia asks.
"They're staying for good." Sarah says.
"I got to call Grayson and tell him the news. I swear he is head over heels for Jade." Amelia says.
"I know." Sarah says, with a laugh. "It's so obvious."
"Did you see him helping her after the bonfire? It was so cute." Amelia says.
"Tell me about it. While we're talking about liking the Kent siblings. What about you and Jonathan?" Sarah asks.
"Sar, seriously. He's got a girlfriend and I just broke up with Westen. There's no way anything can happen between me and Jonathan. Even if I wanted it to." Amelia says.
"Not now." Sarah says.
"Never." Amelia corrects. "Onto another note. Have you talked to Jordan since the bonfire when he... you know. Kissed you?"
"My mom had to go talk to Clark and Lois the day after so I talked to him then. He apologied and things are all good." Sarah says.
"And Sean?" Amelia asks.
"He's still pissed. But pretending not to be." Sarah says, causing Amelia to laugh.
"Gotta love Sean." Amelia jokes.
"Yes you do." Sarah also jokes.
"I better go. I'll see you tomorrow." Amelia says.
"See you tomorrow." Sarah replies.
Amelia hangs up and puts her phone on charge before heading back downstairs.