014: The Dinner

Chapter FourteenThe DinnerSeason 1, Episode 3"I don't know what to do

Chapter Fourteen
The Dinner
Season 1, Episode 3
"I don't know what to do. I've fallen to far."
====================================

The Kent family had got round to painting the walls. Lois painted another strip of paint onto a clean wall before turning to her family.
"Does this have too much blue in it?" Lois asks.
"I still like the huntsman tribute." Clark replies.
"Dad, I'm pretty sure that's just slang for poop." Jade tells him.
"Hey." Clark says.
"Jade, don't be gross." Lois says, before turning to her husband. "But she's not wrong."
"Mom, can we just pick something?" Jordan asks.
"Sweetie this is an important decision. We're finally putting our own stamp on this house." Lois says.
"If you make up your mind." Jonathan says.
Lois then picks up a paintbrush from the can of paint and walks over to Jonathan.
"What about this colour? You like this colour?" Lois asks.
"Yeah, it's fine." Jonathan says.
"Yeah?" Lois asks.
"Yeah." Jonathan repeats.
Lois then runs the paintbrush across Jonathan's shirt leaving a trail of paint behind. Jonathan gasps before grabbing a paintbrush as well, causing Lois to run.
"Someone is jut asking for the huntsman tribute." Jonathan says.
"Anything but dads colour!" Lois shouts.
"Oh, come on." Clark says.
Before Long the whole family were running around fighting eachother with the paint. Jonathan was hold Jade's arms back as Lois and Jordan left paint all over her top. They were all laughing as Jade begged them to stop. That's when Jade notices Clark standing there looking towards the door.
"Dad?" Jade asks, causing the others to all turn to Clark.
"Clark?" Lois asks, before Clark speeds off. "Guess there's no reason to hide it now you all know he's superman."
Lois then turns to her kids continuing the paint fight.

~~~~~

After Clark got back from saving a falling bridge, the Kent family were all sat around the dinner table eating.
"Wait. So you can hear every sound in the world at once?" Jonathan asks Clark.
"It's more like I hear all the fluctuations taking place in a collective sonic frequency." Clark answers.
"That makes zero sense to me." Jonathan says.
"So, how do you tell between, like, someone in trouble or someone shouting for a taxi?" Jordan asks.
"Well, It took lots of years of training at the fortress, but that's where I learned to hone in on certain sounds, like people in distress." Clark says.
"Wait, be for real though. What's the most embarrasing thing you ever heard?" Jonathan asks.
"Nope. Not appropiate." Lois says.
"Be honest, was their nudity involved?" Jonathan asks.
"Jonathan, that's gross." Jade says, gagging slightly.
"Maybe when you guys are older." Clark says.
"Oh. What?" Jonathan says.
"Come on. Come on." Jordan groans.
"Another time. Another time." Clark says.
"You know, I would have much rather had super-hearing then crazy laser eyes." Jordan says.
"Hey, let's just stick with calling it heat vision for now, okay?" Clark says. "And don't be so sure. Every power comes with it's own burden."
"And responsibilities." Lois asks.
"You mean rules." Jade says, looking beside her at her mother.
"Which are meant to protect you." Clark says.
"Yeah, don't use our powers. Don't draw attention to ourselves." Jordan says.
"Oh, don't feed them after midnight." Jonathan jokes, causing Jade to hit him round the back of the head.
"Hey, it's important that we don't draw unnecessary attention to out family. If anyone ever found out the truth about me, it would change everything." Clark says.
"It's not like we're worried you three are going to post it on Facebook." Lois says.
"I mean, yeah, we're not soccer moms." Jonathan says.
"My point is you need to be mindful of your actions. It's the small things that will raise suspicion." Lois says.
"Look, when I was your age, my dad was really strict, and at the time, it seemed unfair. But now, I realise i gave me a normal life. And that's what I want for the three of you." Clark tells them.
"Yeah, if by normal you mean we're cast out like lepers-" Jordan says. "Smallville High has you covered."
"All I'm asking is that your careful. I can't always be there." Clark says.
The three teens agree before finishing their meal.

~~~~~

Danny and Nora Davis were parked up outside a building waiting for Amelia to get out. Lana and Kyle Cushing had also been waiting for Sarah beside them, but Sarah had come out a couple minutes eariler so they had already left. Leaving the black Land Rover the Davis family owned, parked in the car park by itself.
"Couldn't we just have sat in the waiting room?" Danny asks.
"What if someone we knew walked in They might ask questions." Nora points out.
"If this is something you're so embarrased about then maybe we shouldn't be doing it anymore." Danny tells her.
"We agreed, Danny. This is important." Nora reminds him.
"It's been a year, Nora." Danny says.
"Why does it feels like I'm the only one still worried about this?" Nora asks.
"Will you stop with this again?" Danny asks. "You're not the only one worried about this."
"Yeah, well, you sure have a funny way of showing it." Nora snaps, just as the door opens and Amelia get's into the car.
"Hey, sweetpea." Nora says.
"Hey, Bubba." Danny says.
"How did it go with Dr Miller?" Nora asks.
"That's between me and her." Amelia replies.
"I just want to make sure your doing okay. That's all." Nora says.
"Then stop asking about it every ten seconds. I'm seeing Dr Miller like you asked, okay?" Amelia says, before looking at her dad. "Can we just go now, dad?"
"Roger that." Danny says.
"Can you drop me off at the Dinner. I got some homework to catch up on and I really fancy a milkshake." Amelia asks.
"Sure." Danny says, before starting the car.

~~~~~

Amelia was sat at the bar of the dinner. A crate of fries and a chocalate milkshake in front of her. The blonde had tried to get some homework done, but she couldn't help but think back on the events that hd happened over the past year. Today was the first day she really opened up to the therapist, although it still wasn't a lot, but it was a lot more, then Amelia was comfortable with. With her books back in her bag, Amelia had her Elbow rested on the counter, head resting in her hand as she stared off into space.
"Amelia?" Amelia turned to her side to see Jonathan.
"Jonathan, hey. Shouldn't you be in school?" Amelia asks.
"Shouldn't you?" Jonathan asks.
"I have every Tuesday off." Amelia tells him.
"Why?" Jonathan asks, sitting down beside the blonde ordering some fries and a mint milkshake.
"It's complicated." Amelia tells him, not wanting to talk about where she had been this morning. "What are you doing out of school?"
"Couch needed a few things from the sports shop down the road, but he couldn't leave so he somehow managed to convince the principal to let him let one of the team go and he choose me, apparently he called my dad and he was fine with it." Jonathan explains.
"Then why are you not getting the stuff? Why are you sat here instead?" Amelia asks.
"I have until the end of lunch to get back, and seeing as that's not for another couple hours, no harm in getting some fries and milkshake and sitting with a friend who's clearly bothered by something." Jonathan says. "What's wrong?"
"I don't know what to do. I've fallen to far." Amelia admits, before realising she said to much.
"What do you mean?" Jonathan asks.
"Nothing, sorry. I got to go, my parents want me home in 30 minutes. I better go. I'll see you tomorrow." Amelia says, flusted as she grabs her bag and stands up.
"Amelia." Jonathan tries, but the blonde ignores him and walks out.