011: Morgan Edge

Chapter ElevenMorgan EdgeSeason 1, Episode 2"But that doesn't mean I will stop talking to you

Chapter Eleven
Morgan Edge
Season 1, Episode 2
"But that doesn't mean I will stop talking to you."
====================================

Jade and her siblings follow their mom into the school.
"We won't be here long, so don't make a scene. No fighting." Lois tells them.
The Kent's get to the hall were the town meeting was being held. Jade hits her two brother's arms seeing Amelia, Sarah and their sisters sat at the side of the room. The trio slowly make their way over to the two girls.
"Hey, Sarah. Hey, Amelia." Jordan says.
"Hey." Sarah says, slightly confused.
"You're too sick to go to school, but your mom brough you here?" Amelia asks Jade and Jordan, before putting her lollipop back in her mouth.
"We started to feel a lot better, and, you know, so..." Jade says.
"Mmm... Jonathan, I'm really sorry about Timmy and the playbook." Sarah says, before gesturing to her and Amelia. "We would have done something if..."
"It's all good. I got one now. So, it's cool." Jonathan says.
"Cool." Sarah says.
"Let's get this thing going by welcoming my friend, and out mayor, George Dean." Kyle says, starting the meeting.
"Thank you, Chief. I would like to thank all the members of the city council." Mayor Dean says.
"What's this whole meeting about?" Jade asks, crossing her arms.
"Have you not heard all the buzz?" Amelia asks.
"All the buzz about what?" Jonathan asks.
"Ladies and Gentleman, Morgan Edge." Mayor Dean says.
"That." Sarah says, as the Kent siblings all share the same look.
A look that says 'This ain't going to end well'

"How many jobs are you lookin' to provide... just so they know." Kyle asks Morgan.
"From entry level to tradesmen, we're estimating about 600." Morgan answers.
"And that's including peripheral jobs, folks." Kyle says, we a smug smile.
"So, if there are no more questions..." Mayor Dean starts.
"I have a question." Lois says, standing up.
"Here we go." Jade mutters under her breath.
"That job number you say is an estimate?" Lois asks.
"That's right, Miss Lane." Morgan says.  "It's difficult to guarantee an exact figure."
"So, is there a number that's more feasible?" Lois asks. "Because I would hate for what happened in New Carthage to happen here."
"Such as?" Morgan asks.
"Missing job creation targets by nearly 50%." Lois says. "Paying way below living wage. That kind of thing."
"Here's what I love about Lois Lane. When she smells a story, she goes after it with everything she has. Even if it concerns her boss." Morgan says. "I thought those mines would be fruitful. I was wrong. But what I promised those people was that I'd take a risk on them that no-one else would. And that's exactly what I've come to offer everyone here. A chance to save this town and improve its residents' lives."
"Yeah." Kyle says, as everyone but Lois and the Kent siblings clap.
"But, prehaps you're right, Ms Lane." Morgan says, as Jade rolls her eyes, keeping her arms crossed over her chest. "Prehaps Smallville isn't the place to take risks right now. I certainly wouldn't want to cause any harm to this great community. Maybe that's something you'll need to discuss further. Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for your time, if you'll forgive me."
Morgan Edge then leaves. Jade looks across the room to see Grayson who was already looking at her.

The Kent family were walking to the car, when they hear footsteps running towards them from behind them.
"Jade." The brunette turns around at the sound of Grayson's voice.
"I'll be there in a minute." Aria says, turning to her mom and brothers who had also turned around.
"Okay." Lois says, before the three of them continuing to the car.
"Hey, you." Jade says, turning back to Grayson.
"Hey." Grayson says, coming to a stop infront of her.
"Surprised your parents are letting you talk to me after what my mom just did." Jade says, with a small laugh.
"They don't know I'm here." Grayson says.
"My mom didn't mean any harm by speaking up, Grayson. Her and Morgan Edge just don't get along." Jade tells him.
"I know, Jade. I know." Grayson says, with a small sigh. "I swear the news story. But that doesn't mean the town isn't going to hate her if Morgan Edge doesn't go through with this."
"I know." Jade says looking down.
"But that doesn't mean I will stop talking to you."  Grayson says, causing Jade to lightly laugh.
"Thanks." Jade says. "I better get going. I'll see you at school."
"Bye, Jade." Grayson says.
"Bye, Grayson." Jade replies.
Jade turns on her heels and walks towards the car, where her family were waiting for her, with a smile on her face.