002: The Reception

Chapter TwoThe ReceptionSeason 1, Episode 1"She was

Chapter Two
The Reception
Season 1, Episode 1
"She was... really special."
====================================

After Martha Kent's funeral, everyone was at the Kent farm for the reception.
Jade was sat on the table, Jordan sat on the bench beside her as Jon walks over with three plates of cake. He hands each of his siblings a plate of cake before putting Jordan's medicine in front of him and Jade's beside her.
"What's that?" Jordan asks.
"It's one O'clock. Don't you need to take your pills or something?" Jon asks.
"What are you? Mom?" Jade asks.
"Someone's got to watch out for you both." Jonathan says. "Remember that girl from that summer we stayed here?"
"Sarah Cushing or Amelia Davis?" Jordan asks.
"Sarah Cushing." Jon says. "She's here."
"Really?" Jordan asks. "Where?"
"50 yards and approaching." Jonathan answers. "If you hurry, you'll have time to change into a completely different person."
The three Kent siblings walk over to where the Cushing family had met up with their parents.
"You remember our children Jade, Jonathan and Jordan?" Lois asks.
"Hi." Jordan and Jade say.
"Hey." Jonathan says.
"These are our girls. The littlest one here is Sophie. And the one with the perms-scowl over there, that's Sarah." Kyle Cushing says.
"Dad." Sarah says with a small laugh.
"Clark." The two families turn to see the Davis family walking over.
"I am so sorry." Nora Davis says, hugging Clark.
"Thank you." Clark says.
"Hey Ameila." Lana says, hugging the blonde.
"Hey." Ameila replies.
"You guys remember my daughters. Youngest Addison. And our oldest is Ameila."
Ameila stops hugging Lana and turns to the Kent family smiling at them.
"These are our children Jade, Johnathan and Jordan." Clark says.
"I'm sorry about your grandmother." Ameila tells the three Kent children. "She was... really special."
"Yeah. Even my dad liked her, and he hated everyone, so..." Sarah jokes.
"House full of girls." Kyle jokes.
"I can relate." Danny jokes.
"Mommy." Sophie says, before pointing to Clark, "That's him."
"Well, your daddy and I went to high school with Mr Kent." Lana says.
"You dated him. That's why Daddy got mad when he saw you on his Facebook page." Sophie says.
"Addi, Soph, why don't you guys go play." Nora suggests.
"Okay. Bye Mr and Mrs Kent." Addison says. "Bye Jade, Johnathan and Jordan."
"Bye sweetheart." Lois says, with a small smile.
"Oh... how are you holding up?" Lana asks Clark.
"I could really use a drink, actually." Clark says.
"Now you're talking." Kyle says.
"Lead the way." Danny adds.
The adults walk away, leaving Ameila, Jade, Johnathan, Jordan and Sarah alone.
"I didn't think you guys would remember me from that summer." Sarah admits.
"Of course we would. I mean. But you changed your... everything." Jordan says, causing Jade to roll her eyes at her brothers failed attempt to flirt.
"What my brother is trying to say is whatever your doing is... is totally working for you." Jonathan says, glancing at Amelia on the last part.
"Well, we still get puberty in Smallville." Amelia says. "Although, cell service sucks, so..."
"You know. I've been trying to get on all morning. I think there's something wrong with the router." Jordan says.
"Just probably needs to be reset." Jade suggests.
"Gia. It's in the barn." Jordan says.
"Oh, mysterious." Amelia jokes.
"What's in the barn?" Sarah asks.
"Our dad doesn't like us in there. He says it's full of stuff that could kill us." Jordan says.
"Yeah, when we were like eight." Jonathan says.
"Well, as members of the FFA, I think we can keep you guys safe." Amelia says, starting to walk backwards. "Come on."
Amelia turns to walk forward as Sarah follows her, the siblings hang back for a minute.
"What's the FFA?" Jon asks.
"No idea." Jade says.
Jade was next to follow the two girls from Smallville, her brothers following closely behind.

"Hey, who's that girl walking into the barn with Amelia and Sarah?" Grayson Lowe asks one of his friends, as they were stood by a tree, watching the group of five teens who were walking into the Kent family barn.
"Don't you know? She's only Martha Kent's only granddaughter. Jade Kent." His friend answers, looking at him. "Please, don't tell me your falling for her, bro. She lives in Metropolis, dude."
"I know. There's just..." Grayson starts. "There's just something about her."