003: The Barn

Chapter ThreeThe BarnSeason 1, Episode 1"I'm sorry I put you through all that last year

Chapter Three
The Barn
Season 1, Episode 1
"I'm sorry I put you through all that last year."
====================================

Jade, Ameila, Jonathan, Sarah and Jordan all walk into the Kent Farm's barn. The three Kent children walking behind the two Smallville teens warily.
"Yeah. You're dad's right." Sarah says. "Pretty much everything here can kill you."
"What's that thing?" Jonathan asks, pointing off somewhere.
"Oh, that's a hay racker. I guess you guys don't see much of this is Metropolis." Ameila says.
"No, but our dad told us all these stories about growing up here." Jordan says.
"Did he tell you it sucks?" Sarah asks.
"Actually, I think he kind of loved it." Jade says, with a small laugh.
"Of course." Ameila says.
"It can't be that bad. I mean, it's more the people that make up a place, right?" Jonathan says.
"Wow. Metropolis boys are really losing their game." Ameila jokes, looking at Jonathan.
"Relax, I'm taken." Jonathan says. "I didn't mean it like that."
"And what makes you think I meant it like that?" Ameila asks, crossing her arms, causing Jonathan to look down and laugh slightly.
"I'm just saying... Well, I guess I'm trying to say that we're only here for a few days and I figured that we kind of need someone to show us around." Jonathan says.
"Mmm..." Sarah says, looking at her best friend. "Okay. Phone." Jonathan then goes to get his phone. "Oh, no. Not you." Sarah then looks at Jordan. "You."
"I'll get your number if you want." Ameila says to Jonathan.
"Yeah, yeah. Sure." Jonathan says.
Jonathan smiles before the two Kent brothers hand the girls their phones. Jade slightly turns her head, squinting her eyes at the two girls who were clearly flirting with her brothers.
"There's a bonfire tomorrow at the old Shuster Mine. Hit me up if you want to go, but I can't guarantee that we won't get you into a little trouble." Ameila tells the three siblings.
Ameila hands Jonathan back his phone after putting her number in, Sarah doing the ame with Jordan.
"Hey guys. I think I found the router." Jade says, standing behind Sarah and Ameila.
"What the hell was grandma thinking putting it up there?" Jonathan asks, going over and standing next to his sister.
"I got it." Jordan says, before starting to climb up a ladder.
"Oh, Jordan, be careful." Sarah says, as her and Ameila stand next to Jade and Jonathan.
Jordan gets to the top, standing on a few metal poles.
"Careful, Jord." Jade tells him.
"It's still not working." Ameila says, checking her phone.
"Got it." Jordan says.
All of a sudden Jordan's foot slips and he falls.
"Oh my god! Are you okay?" Ameila asks, rushing over to check on Jordan.
The poles start to fall causing Jonathan to dive to cover his brother and Ameila.
"Oh my god." Sarah says.
"Go! Go Get help!" Jade shouts.
Sarah rushes off to get help.
Jade tries lifting up a pole shocking herself when she manages to lift it up and slightly toss it to the side. Soon clark and Lois run into the barn. Clark lifting up a second pole and tossing it against the wall. Clark, Jade and Lois look down at Ameila, Jonathan and Jordan.

Everyone had gone home apart from the Davis family as Ameila was getting checked out by the paramedics. Ameila was sat beside Jonathan who had Jordan on the other side of him.
"You're saying all we have are mild concussions?" Ameila asks, after the paramedic had checked the three of them.
"You're all really lucky." Clark says.
"A little rest, you should be fine." Benny says.
"Thanks, Benny. Good to see you." Clark says.
"No worries, thank you." Benny says.
"Best to your family." Clark adds.
"Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss." Benny responds.
"Thanks." Clark says.
The paramedics then leave and Danny turns to his daughter.
"Come on, Bubba. It's getting late." Danny tells the blonde.
"Okay." Ameila says, before turning to the Kent siblings. "See you guys. Hope you both feel better soon."
"You to." Jonathan says.
Ameila smiles before standing up. The Davis family bid goodbye to Clark and Lois before leaving.
"Come on, guys. Let's get upstairs. You've had a long day." Lois says.

Jade was sat in her room, on her bed reading a book, when Jordan and Jonathan come in.
"Engstrom just said that I might not be starting any more because I missed practice all week." Jonathan tells his sister, as he sits down on the bed beside her.
"That's really what your worried about after what happened today?" Jade asks.
"How are we fine, Jon?" Jordan asks.
"And how did I manage to lift that pole all by myself?" Jade asks.
"If you guys want to fixate on something weird, maybe you should start thinking about how Sarah Cushing gave you are digits and not me." Jon says. "And Jade, it's was probbaly just sister power. You know when mom's can lift cars to save their children."
"And dad, lifting that pole and throwing it against the fucking wall?" Jade asks.
"Same thing." Jon says, before turning to Jordan. "You texted her already, didn't you?"
"I just wanted her to know we were okay, all right?" Jordan says, as Jonathan snatches his phone.
"That's cute." Jade says with a small smile.
"What is this? You sent a waving hand emoji?" Jonathan asks.
"No, that is a Vulcan salute." Jordan says.
"I got to say... that's even worse." Jade tells him.
"Kind of a freak." Jonathan adds.
"You know what? Something a lot freakier then me happened to us in that barn. Something we're not being told about. And it's up to us to find out what that is." Jordan claims.
"Okay, whatever werido." Jonathan says, patting Jordan on the shoulder.
Jordan sighs before leaving. Jonathan then turns to Jade.
"You okay, Gia?" Jonathan says.
"I was really scared." Jade admits.
Jonathan sighs, before sitting beside his sister.
"We're all okay, Gia." Jonathan tells her.
"I can't imagine losing you both. You guys have helped me so much this past year. I don't think I would have survived if it wasn't for you." Jade confesses. "I'm sorry I put you through all that last year. I just..."
"Hey, hey, hey." Jonathan says, seeing his sister start to spirl, he grabs her hand squeezing it. "It's okay. We're okay. You're okay. Everything is okay. Just remember, if you ever need anyone to talk to I am always and always have been here for you. I promise."
"Pinky promise?" Jade asks.
"With a cherry on top." Jonathan replies.
The pair laugh as they both remember the time they came up with that when they were 5.
"Love you, J." Jade says.
"Love you to, Gia." Jonathan says, giving her a small smile. "See you tomorrow."
"See you tomorrow."
"You know where I am if you need anything. Sleep tight." Jonathan says.
"Sleep tight, J." Jade says.
Jonathan then leaves, and Jade goes back to reading her book, the events of the day replaying over and over again in her head.