010: A Day of School

Chapter TenA Day of SchoolSeason 1, Episode 2"Nice try

Chapter Ten
A Day of School
Season 1, Episode 2
"Nice try. But you'll always be Mr Metropolis to me."
====================================

Amelia walks into her World History class to see Jonathan already sat in the back of the class in the corner. Amelia smiles before walking up to him.
"This seat taken?" Amelia asks, gesturing to the empty side beside the Kent boy.
"Uhm... no, no it's not." Jonathan says.
"Mind if I sit?" Amelia asks.
"No, not at all." Jonathan says.
Amelia places her book into the table before slinging her backpack over the back of her chair before sitting down.
"Got a pen I can borrow?" Amelia asks, causing Jonathan to laugh slightly.
"It's the first day and you haven't got a pen?" Jonathan asks.
"I never have my own pen." Amelia says, casing Jonathan to laugh once again.
"Here." Jonathan says, handing her a pen.
"Thanks, Mr Metropolis." Amelia says.
"Oh, have you not heard? I'm mr Smallville now." Jonathan jokes causing Amelia to laugh a little
"Nice try. But you'll always be Mr Metropolis to me." Amelia tells him.
"Does that mean you can't be seen with me? You know because Smallville and Metropolis are sworn enemies?" Jonathan asks, placing his elbow on the table and leaning his head on his fist.
"We can be friends but in secret." Amelia jokes.
"Woah. Miss Smallville taking a turn to the dark side." Jonathan says.
"Don't tell anyone." Amelia says, jokingly placing a finger to her lips.
"Miss Davis. Mr Kent. Care to join us?" The teacher asks, causing the pair in the back who hadn't realised the lesson had started to turn to him. "Thank you. Now..."
As the teacher goes on about what they would be doing that lesson, Amelia and Jonathan turn to each other and quietly laugh.

~~~~~

At the end of the day, Amelia found herself walking home with Jonathan.
"I'm surprised you don't get picked up. You live so far." Amelia says.
"We'll, both my parents are working so can't come to get me." Jonathan says.
"My mom works from home. She should be able to drop you home." Amelia says.
"It's fine. Don't worry about it." Jonathan tells her.
"You sure. I mean it's really no trouble at all." Amelia says. "Knowing my mom she hasn't had a break today."
"It's seriously fine, Amelia." Jonathan says with a laugh.
"At least come in for a drink before your walk home." Amelia says, as the pair get outside his house.
"I got to get back to make sure Jordan and Jade are okay. But thanks for the offer. Next time." Jonathan says.
"I'm going to hold you to that." Ameila Says, pointing a finger at Jonathan.
"Wouldn't expect anything less." Jonathan says.
Amelia laughs before hugging Jonathan.
"I'm sorry about earlier with Sean. He and his goons had no right to mess with the playbook." Amelia said, as Jonathan hugs her back.
"It's okay. At least I got it now." Jonathan says.
"If you need any help let me know. I'm not a football player, but I am a cheerleader, and I may of played soccer in elementary school." Amelia says
"Really?" Jonathan asks, sounding shocked.
"Oh yeah. I was the best player." Amelia says, flicking her hair behind her shoulder, before laughing. "Message me when you get home. Okay?"
"I will." Jonathan says.
"I'll see you tomorrow." Amelia says.
"See you tomorrow." Jonathan says, Amelia smiles before walking up to her door.
The blonde turns around and sends Jonathan another smile and a wave, which he returns before she walks into the house.

"What was that?" Amelia jumps at the sound of her sisters voice.
"Addison, what the hell?" Amelia asks, closing the door and turning to look at her younger sister.
"What was that with you and Jonathan Kent?" Addison asks.
"What are you talking about?" Amelia asks.
"That hug. It seemed a lot more then friends." Addison says, causing Amelia to groan.
"I've had this conversation too many times. Me and Jonathan are just friends. So leave it alone." Amelia says, before walking past her sister and heading upstairs to her room.

~~~~~

Jonathan was in the yard, when Clark, Jade and Jordan get back.
"Where were you guys all day?" Jonathan asks walking over.
"Go tell him." Clark tells his other two children, before the pair run over to their brother.
Jade runs over hugging Jonathan, pulling away just as Jordan got to them.
"So how was today without us?" Jade asks.
"Uh, you know, it was a lot better actually. I think we should have done this a long time ago." Jonathan says, causing Jade to lightly punch his shoulder.
"Shut up." Jordan says, as the trio walk over to their parents.
"Guys, your coming with me." Lois tells them.
"Behave." Clark says, as his children jog over to the car.
Jade turns around and fake salutes him before getting in the car.