013: Lives Have Changed so Much

Chapter ThirteenLives Have Changed so MuchSeason 1, Episode 2"Our lives have changed so much

Chapter Thirteen
Lives Have Changed so Much
Season 1, Episode 2
"Our lives have changed so much."
====================================

Jonathan, who had just got off the phone with Eliza, walks into his sisters room to find her staring up at the ceiling, with tears in her eyes.
"Hey, Gia." Jonathan says gently.
"Can I just be left alone." Jade asks.
"I just want to make sure you're okay." Jonathan says, walking over at sitting on Jade's bed. "Want to talk about it?"
"No. Not really." Jade says.
Jonathan sighs, looking down before looking back at his sister.
"Gia, why did you stop taking you medication." Jonathan asks. "If it was a cry for help, you could have come to me."
"I generally thought I was better. But, I guess not. Guess I'm always going to be 'the broken daughter of Clark Kent who overdosed'." Jade says.
"No one thinks that." Jonathan tells her.
"Well that's sure as hell what I think about myself." Jade says.
"Just talk to me, please." Jonathan says, grabbing her hand.
"It's funny. You had a go at Jordan for making stuff all about him but with me your not." Jade says.
"Because your not making things about yourself, Gia. You're generally struggling. And I want to help you. Your my sister after all." Jonathan says.
"What if Jordan's genrally stuggling to?" Jade asks.
"Then I'll help him as well. You guys are my brother and sister. I don't want anything happen to you." Jonathan says.
Jade gives him a small smile before sitting up and hugging him.
"Thank you." Jade whispers.
Jonathan just responds by hugging her tighter, before they pull away as someone knocks on the door. They turn to see Jordan.
"Hey, can I talk to you both about something?" Jordan asks.
"Yeah, of course." Jade says, wiping a few stary tears.
"Look, Jon, you were right before. You moved here for me and I never thanked you." Jordan says.
"You don't have to thank me." Jonathan tells him.
"Yes, I do." Jordan responds. "Our whole lives you've been there for me, and the least I could do is be there for you."
"So, you ever find out if your half-Kryptonian or what?" Jonathan asks.
"Not according to Holo-Gramps. He said I'll never be like dad." Jordan answers.
"Look. Jordan. I know what happened in the barn. Those poles fell on us and you saved our lives." Jonathan says. "So, honestly, I don't care what some stupid hologram said. Your our brother, we know you better then anyone. Your different now. You both are. Something happened to you. Defintitely something special. And if no one else is going to help you guys figure out what that is... I will."
"It'll be okay, Jord. We'll get through this together." Jade reassures him.
"Thanks, Ana. And sorry, if everything going on with me today had something to do with your panic attack." Jordan says.
"It's all good. I should have been taking my medication. It's no one's fault but my own." Jade says.
"We'll help you." Jonathan says, as Jordan sits on the other side of Jade.
"our lives have changed so much." Jade says, with a small laugh.
"But we'll get through it, together." Jordan says.
"We're the Kent siblings. We're unstoppable." Jonathan says.
"Come on." Jade says, grabbing the TV remote and laying back down on her bed. "Let's watch a film."
Her brothers lay either side of her and they spend the next 2 hours laugh and talking.

~~~~~

The next morning, Jade, Jordan and Jonathan walk down the stiars. They walk into the kitchen to find their dad stood by the table.
"Take a seat." Clark tells them.
"What's going on?" Jonathan asks.
"Take a seat." Clark repeats.
The siblings share a look before all sitting down.
"What's this about?" Jade asks.
"I'm sorry, I left last night." Clark starts.
"It's okay." Jonathan says. "We get it. Your out saving the world or whatever. We're used to it."
Yeah, I... I know. That's... That's the problem. Look, the fact I'm... Superman means that... I;ve been gone a lot in your lives. Now, I've always told myselfs you all will be fine and that it wouldn't affect you, but I was wrong, I know it has. Now, I can't just abandond the world... but I can't abandond you three either. It's going to take me some time to figure out how to be better at both. But I will, okay?" Clark says.
"Okay." Jade says.
Clark then slides one ELT to Jordan and another to Jade.
"Thought you said this wouldn't fix out problem?" Jordan says, as they both pick them up.
"It won't. But keeping you home won't either." Clark says.
"So we can go to school?" Jade asks.
"We need to keep an eye on your powers, but, yes. You can go." Clark says, causing the three siblings to smile at each other. "All right. Let's get dressed. We got to go."
"Wait, where's mom?" Jonathan asks as Clark starts to walk away.
"Oh, she, uh, she had a thing." Clark says, before continuing to walk away.
The siblings all share a look before getting up and going upstairs to change.