005: The Bonfire

Chapter FiveThe BonfireSeason 1, Episode 1"Is that suppose to make me feel better?"====================================

Chapter Five
The Bonfire
Season 1, Episode 1
"Is that suppose to make me feel better?"
====================================

After hearing the car pull up, the Kent siblings all climb back up the ladder and leave the barn to see their parents coming back. Jade quickly storms over to the truck, the stone in her hand and brothers following closely behind her.
"So that's why?" Jade shouts, as her parents get out of the car. "That's why you never wanted us in the barn? Because you keep a freaking alien ship in there?"
"Look, I can explain." Clark says.
"Yeah, can you?" Jade asks.
"Can you explain how I fell 30 feet and nothing happened?" Jordan asks. "All you said is that we got lucky."
"Just give him a chance." Jonathan tells his brother and sister.
"But that was a lie, wasn't it?" Jordan asks.
"Yes. Okay, yes, it was a lie." Clark says, before looking at Lois then back to his kids. "Look, that ship brought me to Earth. I landed here in Smallville, right in those cornfields over there. I was sent here when my planet, Krypton, was destroyed."
"Krypton?" Jade asks.
"Yes. And because I wasn't from here, I had certain powers." Clark says. "Your grandparents, they toke me in. They raised me. Taught me how to control my abilities, how to blend in, until the day I was ready to leave and become who I was sent here to be."
"You're saying you're Superman?" Jon asks.
"No, I've seen Superman before. We've seen him." Jordan says, walking up and getting in his dad's face.
Clark takes his glasses off and hands them to Lois before going over, lifting the car up and then flying up into the air.
All the Kent siblings could do was stand there shocked.
"When your father first told me, I dind't understand either." Lois tells them, as Clark comes back down.
"I understand." Jade says, looking at the ground, hurt evident in her voice. "I understand all the excuses. All the times you were gone you lied to us. You both did."
"He was saving lives, Jade." Lois tells her.
"That doesn't make it less true!" Jade shouts.
"You lied to protect his secret. All the things I've been feeling. You made me think I was crazy. They put me on pills." Jordan says.
"Your mental health has nothing to do with who your father is." Lois says.
"How do you know that? I'm half human, half whatever the hell he is!" Jordan shouts.
"Do not yell at your mother, okay? This is not her fault." Clark says. "I'm the one that didn't want you to know."
"I can't do this." Jade says, with a scoff, before turning and walking away.
"Jade!" Jonathan calls out to her, as she walks up the steps to the house, before walking through the door.
"Why? Why didn't you want us to know?" Jordan asks.
"Because I knew what kind of a burden it would be if you all had powers. Or worse, if one or two of you didn't and someone didn't." Clark says.
"You think he's the reason we survived yesterday." Jordan says.
"What are you talking about?" Jonathan asks.
"Go on dad, go and tell Superboy here why he's really so perfect." Jordan says.
"We thought your athletic talents could be latent abilities starting to emerge, and then yesterday-" Lois starts.
"The only way you both survived that accident is for at least one of you to be like me." Clark says.
"ou wouldn't have it any other way, would you, dad?" Jordan asks, before going to walk away.
"Jordan." Clark says.
"Don't try to talk to me, all right?" Jordan says, turning around. "You may have been sent here to be some hero, but you sure as hell weren't sent here to be a father."
Jordan walks away and Clark goes to follow him but Jonathan steps out infront of him.
"Just leave us alone." Jonathan says, before following Jordan.