006: Bonfire Explosion

Chapter SixBonfire ExplosionSeason 1, Episode 1"I just want to look out for you, Gia

Chapter Six
Bonfire Explosion
Season 1, Episode 1
"I just want to look out for you, Gia."
====================================

Jade was walking around the bonfire, when someone steps infront of her.
"Hey. I'm Grayson Lowe. And you are...?" Grayson says.
"Not interested." Jade replies.
"Never heard that name before." Grayson says, causing Jade to laugh. "Oh, so she laughs."
"I'm Jade. Jade Kent." Jade says, with a smile.
"That's a pretty name for a pretty girl." Grayson says, causing Jade to laugh again.
"Thanks... I think." Jade says, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.
"Your welcome." Grayson says, with a laugh. "So how long are you in town?"
"A few days. Dad's just got to sort a few things out since our grandmother... you know." Jade says.
"Yeah. Sorry about your lost by the way." Grayson says.
"Thanks." Jade says. "So have you lived in Smallville or your life or...?"
"Yeah, I have." Grayson says.
"Anything you could recommend doing while I'm here?" Jade questions.
"There's a lovely area of nature that makes a wonderful walk just out of town. Maybe I could take you there sometime." Grayson says.
"Is that your way of asking me out?" Jade asks, with a laugh.
"Maybe." Grayson says, with a flirtatious smile.
"Sounds nice." Jade says. "I would love to."
"Great." Grayson says with a smile.
"Give me your phone and I'll put my number in." Jade says, holding out her hand.
Grayson hands Jade his phone and Jade finishes putting her number in it, just as Jonathan comes over.
"Jade can I talk to you." Jonathan asks.
"Of course." Jade says, handing Grayson his phone. "I'll be back."
Jade then walks away with Jonathan.
"Why are you giving that guy your phone number? A guy you just met May I add." Jonathan says.
"Well one, you and Jordan gave your numbers to Amelia and Sarah after just meeting them. And two, Grayson offered to take me to see a nice walk path just outside of town, so I was giving him my number so we could decide when to go." Jade says.
"Do I need to remind you what happened last year after Ryan?" Jonathan asks.
"No of course not. But Grayson is different. He's not like Ryan in the slightest." Jade says.
"Jade, I was the one who found you unconscious on your bed after you overdosed. I don't want you to do that again." Jonathan says.
"And how many times do I need to tell you that I won't. I'm getting the help I need, J. I've got everything under control." Jade says.
"I just want to look out for you, Gia." Jonathan tells her.
"I know. And I really appreciate it. But you, mom, dad and Jordan have constantly been on my back and constantly there. This is my first proper night out since what happened. I need a little freedom, J. Or else I might go crazy." Jade tells him.
"Okay. I'm sorry." Jonathan says.
"I appreciate it." Jade says, hugging her brother.
The sound of someone shouting causing them to pull apart. They look towards the commotion to see Jordan on the floor.
"Shit." Jonathan says, before turning to his sister. "Stay here."
Jade reluctantly nods before Jonathan runs off to help Jordan. Jade watches as Amelia jumps down from the truck and runs over to the scene as well.

Amelia runs over to where Sean had pushed Jordan and stands next to Sarah.
"What happened?" Amelia asks.
"Jordan kissed me." Sarah says.
"What!" Amelia asks, before turning back to the scene in front of her, just as Jonathan stands in front of Sean.
"Back off!" Jonathan shouts, pushing Sean back.
"Out of the way!" Sean says pushing Amelia to the side to get to Jonathan and Jordan.
"Back off! You really don't want to get in my face right now!" Jonathan tells him.
"Sean Stop!" Amelia shouts, seeing Sean about to go for Jonathan.
"What? Is Miss Party Girl on Metropolis team all off a sudden. You know these two for a day and all of a sudden you're on their side. Maybe you should move there." Sean shouts.
"Hey!" Grayson shouts tanding next to Amelia. "Back off, dude!"
"Aww, you protecting you're ex, Gray. Get it through your head, she doesn't like you anymore, bro. That's why she broke up with you." Sean says.
"What the hell is your problem?" Amelia asks.
"My problem? My problem is this idiot kissing my girlfriend!" Sean says, gesturing to Jordan.
Seean then goes for Jonathan, but Jonathan rugby tackles him to the floor. Jordan goes to help but one of Seans friends knock him to the floor. Another one of Sean's friends pull Jonathan off him and throws him to the floor before getting on top of him and punching him.
"Hey get off him. What's wrong with you?" Amelia says, pushing the guy off Jonathan and Sarah does the same with the guy who was attacking Jordan.

Jade, who had been watching the whole thing from afar, goes to run over to help, but before she could there was an explosion, right beside her, sending her flying back, knocking her out.