The Camping Trip Part 1

We hop on the bus and head to the national park

Three days.

We'll be spending two nights and leaving on the third day. We'll be with three groups today and three other groups tomorrow and the next day.

Sadly I sit next to Zenki while Suzuki sits next to Gotoh across from us. It seems like Gotoh enjoys talking to Suzuki more and more as time goes by, even with her struggling to communicate. Glad to see she's happy.

After two hours we finally arrived. We hop off and get assigned to go with three other groups with a teacher leading us. Kita and Mitsuya seemed nowhere to be found which sucks. It would make my situation a bit easier if I had Kita with me.

Kita...

She's really the only one trying to help me with all this. It doesn't sound that big of a deal, but it's really nice. Us being in the same situation really makes me not feel alone. I really appreciate our friendship.

That's why I'm a little disappointed not seeing her right now.

"You excited Gotoh-san?" Suzuki asks her.

"Y-Yeah!"

"You excited Suzuki-chan?!" Zenki asks her.

"Mhm." She says in the most uninterested tone ever.

Ever since Zenki was here she's never really been open to him. I don't blame her of course. Well, Zenki said he wouldn't do anything. He better be honest about that.

We walk for a long while walking down a bunch of different trails.

"Y/N, you ever think a bear would pop out of nowhere?" Suzuki asks me.

"Uh I mean, I don't think there's any bears here."

"You don't know that. What are we gonna do if one pops out right now!"

"Well uh, run?"

Suzuki looks at me with a dead face.

"Y/N, if a bear pops out we're going to die."

"....."

"I mean... not if someone takes it for the team." Zenki says breaking the silence.

We both look at Zenki in slight shock while Gotoh just listens in silently.

"And would you do it?!" Suzuki asks.

"I mean, well no. But if one person sacrifices themselves, the rest of us would survive I think. But I can't die yet! I still haven't kissed a girl!"

"See! We all have our own reasons to not want to sacrifice ourselves."

Zenki smirks.

"If Y/N was in danger, would you save him?"

Huh?

Suzuki and I look at him in complete shock.

What's with that question?

What is he trying to do? Is he trying to see if Suzuki likes me? But what for? Is he trying to help me or he just wants to know what she thinks of me?

Suzuki stays silent for a while looking as calm as ever but eventually speaks.

"I would try my best to save him with both of us living. If one of us died, I don't think the other would be happy."

Zenki looks at her for a long while in slight surprise. He gives a cheeky smile.

"Ok!"

"I-I wouldn't mind saving someone... I-I'm not that important anyway s-so it's fine with me."

Suzuki pats Gotoh's head.