The Second Mom

I ask Suzuki the question me and the club have been wondering at lunch.

"Suzuki-chan, you free this weekend?"

"Yeah, I am. What's up? Wanna hang out?"

"Mhm! Well partially. Me and Mitsuya wanna know if you and your sister want to bake cookies for the art club. We were gonna do it as a thing for Christmas in school."

"Oh sweet! Yeah, I'm pretty sure she would be down for that. She makes them every year for us after all! That'll be fun. Come by Saturday afternoon."

"You got it!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week went by and Saturday finally came. Kita, Mitsuya, and I meet up at a local park and make our way to Suzuki's house from here.

"I'll lead the way."

"When was the last time you went to Suzuki-chan's house?" Kita asks.

"Hmm, good question..."

In the early days of middle school, we would hang out at her house every day. Her sister would always make us teriyaki chicken and white rice. It was amazing. She's like my second mom, she's awesome. As I reached near the end of middle school I stopped going over there as much, I focused a lot of my time on drawing, and Suzuki started doing sports. We both became busy with our passions. Those were some really good times, it's nice to finally be going back.

"I don't know. It's been a year at least."

"How's Suzuki-chan's sister like?"

"Hmmm... you'll see when we get there!" I say with a cheeky smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We arrived around ten minutes later. I knock on the front door with a certain rhythm I used to always knock whenever I came here.

"Coming!" The sound of Suzuki calling out through the door.

Footsteps head towards the door. Moments later the door opens revealing just who I thought it would be, Suzuki.

"Hey!" She says with a smile.

"Hey! Were we late?"

"Nope! Right on time! Come this way, Yui's in the kitchen."

The inside of the house looked mostly the same besides a few cardboard boxes around. She still had the photos up of her and me when we graduated middle school and a photo of her and her sister when Suzuki was in elementary school. There was a big picture of Suzuki's parents in the center of the living room with flowers around it.

We head to the kitchen to see a familiar figure by the sink.

"They're here Nee-chan."

The figure turns around conforming to who I thought it was, Yui, Suzuki's older sister. She looks at us with wide eyes.

"Oh my god Y/N! You've gotten so big! Guess you're around that time when you start to grow a ton huh? How've you been Munchkin!"

"Why are you still calling me that?! I'm not a little kid anymore!"

She bursts out laughing.

"Aw too old for ya huh?"

"And what happened to your hair? It's not dyed anymore. You have glasses now too!"

"Ah, I decided to keep it natural. New style ya know?"

She looks a bit different from how I used to remember her. Before her long hair was dyed blonde and she used to wear yellow colored contact lenses all the time. She was a big fan of piercings and had some all over her ear. Now her hair's dark purple, just like Suzuki's, and she wasn't wearing any contacts or piercings and instead wore glasses.