I Want To Stay With You

For next week I couldn't stop thinking about the day. Every time I close my eyes I think about that kiss she gave me. And to be honest I have no idea what to think of it. Does this mean she likes me? I mean... she kissed me after all. That would have to mean something. No girl would just kiss you like that.

You know what...

This weekend I'll confess to her, at Yoyogi Park. I've made up my mind now. I have a good feeling she likes me. And even if she doesn't like me back, it'll be okay. Because I know we'll still be friends no matter what. I've realized that ever since the camping trip. Suzuki turned me down and we're still as close as ever. Kita wouldn't be any different.

Still nervous of course.

But that's completely normal. Who wouldn't be a little nervous telling someone you love them? I finished my manga too. So I should ask for her to read it that day at Yoyogi Park. Then after she reads the ending I'll tell her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're going to actually tell her?"

"Mhm. I've finally decided."

I decided to tell Suzuki about it at lunch to get her thoughts on the matter.

"You sure you don't wanna wait till after the cultural festival? That's right around the corner."

"I know, but I want to tell her now. Part of me is starting to think she likes me."

Suzuki grins.

"Ah, I see. Well, I'll be rooting for you."

"Thank you. Thanks for everything to be honest. At first, I only wanted to be friends with you. I thought I never needed anyone else. But I've realized now that there are some pretty awesome people out there in this world. And it started with just the two of us and the art club."

"You're right. I'm happy that you're getting out of your shell. In middle school, you used to be all quiet. I'm really happy that you met Kita. And I think she loves you too. I really do. You two are just so perfect for each other! Man! I'm going to miss you guys!"

"I will too... we all will. We'll need a new member in the art club once you're gone, or we'll get disbanded."

"Ah yeah, you're right. You'll have to go on the hunt for a whole new member again. Maybe after the cultural festival, more people will join! They'll see how awesome you are!"

What if TOO many people join then?

Though I don't think that'll happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yoyogi Park? This weekend? Sure! I'd love to go!"

"Ah great. I uh, finished the manga. And I want you to read the ending while we're there."

"Oh... alright! I can't wait! I made some cover art too... so I'll bring it when we're there."

"Alright, great!"

"Also um..."

She looks at me in the eyes for a long while. It was as if she was going to say something, but no words would come out of her mouth.

"Uh, what is it?"

Kita shakes her head.

"Nevermind. I'll um, tell you then."