Chapter 11

~Thiago~

About a couple hours later I decide to come out my room and as I'm walking I walk past dad's office and I hear him talking to someone. I look through the crack in the door and as I get closer to his office I hear Vanity.

"I'll do it" she says.

Do what? What is she talking about. He better not be springing his idea on her.

"Good. You are to go with Diana to see what you need to do. Since it's your first time, you will just be backup for Diana if she needs help or if she gets ambushed." He says to her.

Why didn't he tell me about this? She's going with Diana? She's not ready for that.

"You got it boss" she says and starts to get up and I walk the other way. Not making it known to her that I was eavesdropping. My father probably already knows.

I walk into his office after she leaves.

"Why did you put Vanity on a mission. I thought it was just an idea." I try not to raise my voice at him.

"Well Diana asked, and the idea was already in motion. Plus she doesn't seem to mind going." He says to me.

"But dad you know I'm supposed to protect her." I say to him and he scoffs.

"She is a strong woman, and she can handle herself" he says sternly.

"Dad I promised that I would protect her..." I say lowly and he gives me a knowing look.

"Did you tell her that or did you promise yourself?" He asks me and I think about it and he takes my silence as a yes.

"Well I suggest you don't try to stop her. She seemed mad when she walked in here." He says and I just sigh and go to walk out the room.

"Also" he starts again so I turn around and look at him.

"Give her gun back to her. I gave it to her" he says and I nod.

I see Vanity walking to Diana's room and I wonder if I should give her gun back in person or just leave it on her bed. Or maybe even...apologize? I sigh just thinking about it and walk off.

——————————————
~Vanity~

After talking to Luis and tell him that I'll be going with Diana on her mission. I go to Diana to ask what she's gonna do.

I find her room and knock on her door and when there's no response I just open it and she jumps up and hides her phone. I just stand there looking confused and raise an eyebrow even though she may not be able to see it through my hair.

"Oh my gosh I thought you were my brother." She says while breathing heavy and relaxing.

Uhmmm ok...?

"If I tell you, do you promise not to tell anyone else? Especially Rico." She asks me and I'm confused but nod my head.

Does she just tell her secrets to anyone...?

"Ok, come sit." She pats a space on her bed beside her and I sit in that space hesitantly.

"So I met this guy-" she starts but I cut her off.

"How old are you?" I ask.

"19" she says the continues with her story. "Anyway so he's actually one of Rico's friends" she says and pauses I narrow my eyes at her.

She talking about Thiago...?

"Which one...?" I ask her slowly and she responds with a name I've never heard before.