Chapter 41

~Vanity~

(One week later)

I'm laying down on my rock and I notice that I'm starting to regain a little bit of my vision. I hold my hand up and turn it around and I think I can see it.

"Hold her down" I hear someone say and I look to where the voice was coming from and I see a few men standing in the doorway of my now room.

They start rushing towards me. One grabs my arms and holds them down and the other holds down my legs. I look up and see more needles and I instinctively close my eyes again.

"Goddamnit bitch hold your eyes open!" The man yells at me and forces my eyes open and sticks the needle in each of them and I yell as I can feel them penetrating my eyes.

He takes them out and now my vision is going back to the way it was and I'm trying to look around again to see anything. But that's not gonna happen. My eyes are watering and sore.

A few minutes later my door opens again and I look up even though I can't see who it is. But I hear a sweet voice.

"Are you ok sweetheart?" I hear someone ask and I assume it's a maid because it sounds like a woman over the age of 50. I smile back at her and nod my head. 

"Yes I'm ok. Thank you" I say to her but from her hesitation I can tell she ain't buying it.

"Ok well here's some food the boss told me to bring you. I know I can't do much but is there something I can do for you?" She asks me and I shake my head as I hear the plate hit the floor.

"Wait! Actually there is. Could you please tell me what my eyes look like?" I ask her and look up.

"Sure dear. Let me see" she says and tilts my head up more. Then she makes a hissing like noise and by that I know it's bad.

"Uhmm... there very gray and they just look...I can't really explain it" she tells me and that's kind of what I figured.

"Thank you. Could you ask your boss if I could get some sunglasses please?" I ask her.

"Yes. Just wait here I'll be back" she says then I hear the door close. I start to feel around for the plate she brought in. I heard it earlier but I just can't find it.

Then my hands find themselves in something warm. I know it's the food but I can't make out what's on the plate. I feel on it some more and I feel a bone and decide that it's some sort of chicken.

Just then the door opens back up and I start to hear heavy footsteps and something is thrown at my head. I feel it bounce forward and put my hands out to catch whatever it was.

I catch it and start to feel them. It's hard like plastic with long stick like things on either sides. These must be my sunglasses.

Bless that little old lady's soul.

I put them on and now do nothing. I really don't want to eat this food. But I take a few bites of it anyway. It's curry chicken and it's actually not bad at all. I still don't eat it all.

After I take my last bite the door busts open again.

Can I get a break? PLEASE

"Get up. Training starts now" he says.

But I've already trained today. Does he have nothing better to do?

I'm not as weak as I was before but my body still hurts. He drags me all the way to that noisy room again and throws me onto that ring. This time I immediately get up because I know where I am now.