Chapter 31

~Sierra~

As I'm watching Sienna and that boy I see Luis come from the hallway, do I turn my attention to him instead. He comes to lean on the counter next to me to get one of the empanadas. He then hands me one and I smile.

"Thank you" I say back and take a bite of it.

This is so good.

"Is that your son?" I ask him and gesture to him laying on Sienna.

"Yeah he is" Luis says back.

"He kinda looks like you" I tell him and he ever so slightly smiles.

"So what's up with your son and my daughter?" I ask him.

I already know I just want to see if he would lie to me...

"She's his girlfriend I'm pretty sure" he tells me and I nod. Just then, the food gets ready and I'm have a plate with pork rice and beans on it.

"Am I allowed to eat in my room?" I ask him and he nods.

"Of course" he says "do you remember where it is? Do you need me to show you again?" He asks me and I nod then pick up my plate.

"That would be nice, thanks" I tell him and he gets up from leaning on the counter.

"Yeah come on" he says and waits for me to get up. I get up and he puts his hand on the small of my back again leading me back upstairs. His touch sends butterflies all throughout my stomach.

We get to the room and I sit down on my bed and put the food down. He leans up against the wall.

"Your daughter is a really good kid" he tells me and I smile.

"I know she learns from the best" I joke. "Did you teach her how to use weapons?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Was it your son?" I ask accusingly and he quickly shakes his head no.

"No it wasn't him" he tells me and I get suspicious.

"You answered really quick on that one..." I say.

"Well the last thing we need is for you to hate my son, right?" He asks and I hesitantly nod.

"I guess so...but when did she learn?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"I don't know she just came here knowing already" he tells me.

"How do you know that?" I ask him back.

"Because when she first came here she shot one of my men" he tells me and my eyes go wide.

"She shot someone?" I ask him and I guess he notices the shock on my face.

"She never had an actual gun, she had a nerf gun with thick nails in it. She had perfect aim" He tells me and that makes the situation a little better but not a lot.

"You seem proud of that..." I mumble.

"Does she have a real gun now?" I ask and he nods.

"Who gave it to her?" I ask and he comes over to sit next to me.

"I did" he says and I'm about to say something but he cuts me off.

"Listen Sierra, this is a dangerous world we live in, especially in this household. She needs something to protect herself" he tells me and I guess I can't argue with that. But if I was here earlier she would've never touched a gun.

"I guess that's true. I just...promised myself that I wouldn't let her go down that path" I say. It's silent for a minute until he looks down at my hands in my lap.

"Your married?" He asks and I look confused until I follow his line of sight to my ring on my finger.

"No, not anymore. It was Siennas father actually but... I didn't even really like him" I tell him. I look down and see a ring on his finger.

"Are you?" I ask him and he looks down for a moment before looking back up and responding.

"No...not anymore. My wife died 4 years ago..." he says and I let out a barely audible gasp.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry" I tell him and he shakes his head.

"No no it's fine. I've gotten over it" he tells me and I can tell it's not a complete lie. It's silent for a while when his phone buzzes and he gets a text. He looks at it then gets up.

"I have to go now. We should do this again" he tells me and I smile at him.

"Yeah we should" i say back.

"Somewhere where Vanity isn't" he adds back and I laugh.

"Yeah let's do that. Bye Luis" I say and he leaves the room and I look down at my food and start eating it.

Sienna was right. This food is good as a motherfucker.

——————————————

(A/N- short chapter I know. But imma just let you know now. This story ain't close to being over yet. Also in case YALL forgot, this the mama pov)