Chapter 17

~Vanity~

"Wait... you saw that?" Diana asks me and I nod my head. 

"Yeah. It was the funniest thing ever" I say casually and her face turns a light shade of red. We eventually walk into her room.

"Forget about that why did you want to see me anyway." She asks and we sit down on her bed.

"I was just gonna ask if you got Thiago to apologize to me" I ask and her eyes widen.

"Apologized? He apologized to you? In person? I can't even get a hello out of that man" she says then she continues.

"Well if that ain't a sign that he wants you I don't know what is." She says and I roll my eyes.

"Ok can you not right now? Damn" I ask her.

"Ok ok fine. So where did you go after that?" She asks.

"Well I went to Rico. We played a few games and he passed out drunk on my lap" I say to her and she looks suspicious.

"You didn't tell him about me and Theo right?" She asks.

"Why do you think I played games with that idiot? Because he was looking for Theo." I tell her and she sighs and puts her hand over her heart.

"Thank god." She says.

Does she think I would tell Rico?

"Ok now let's get dressed." She throws the dress at me and leaves to go put hers on.

——————————————

After we both get ready we go downstairs. While we walk down the stairs I see Thiago on the couch tracing patterns on my helmet because I left it there on the couch from last night.

I walk over to him "can I have my helmet?" I ask him and he looks up at me from the couch.

"Where are you going?" He asks me still holding on to my helmet.

"Out. Now give me my helmet" I say to him and he sighs deeply. I go to take my helmet from him but he keeps a tight grip on it.

"Answer me if I text you" he says quietly mostly so only I can hear it then lets it go. I walk back to Diana.

"No" I immediately say to her.

"What? Why!" She shouts.

"I don't want you on the back of my bike. Just for that stunt you pulled at the mall. I don't want you near me where I can't see you." I say to her.

"Come on please? I won't do that again." She asks again and I get on my bike and sigh again.

"Get on" I say and she gets on and hugs me tightly.

Shit if crashing doesn't kill me her grip definitely will.

"Loosen up on the grip. You have a whole back seat. Just relax you'll be fine." I tell her and she ever so slightly loosens it.

What the fuck.

"Ok wear this" I give her my helmet and she wants to refuse it.

"No I don't need-"

"Put it on or we don't go anywhere. You getting on this bike makes you my responsibility. Put it on" I tell her and she puts it on.

She's gonna be cold as fuck in that dress. Oh well.

I turn on my bike, rev the engine then look back at Diana.

"Are you ready?" I ask over the noise.

"WHAT!?" I laugh.