Chapter Nine

Sitara's heart raced as she spun around, only to come face to face with Bhuvan. In the night, Bhuvan appeared like a terrifying creature, especially with the menacing axe strapped to his waist. He now looked like a predator, relishing in the anticipation of capturing and tormenting his prey before delivering the final blow.

She quickly pulled her hand away from him, feeling a surge of fear and unease.

"Where do you think you're going, Sitara?" he asked, his expression genuinely concerned, but his appearance still sending shivers down her spine.

Fear gripped Sitara, clouding her thoughts. She rubbed her eyes and desperately tried to appear confused. "I... I think I might be sleepwalking."

Bhuvan's gaze lingered on her and then his attention drew to her backpack. "Come with me. I'll take you back to the house," he offered.

"No!" Sitara protested. "I... I just need to walk for a while. Oh, I remember now why I woke up. I have to buy something."

Curiosity sparked in Bhuvan's eye. "What is it that you need to buy?"

Sitara struggled to find an answer, her mind racing. "Um... well, I need to get a new pair of earphones. My old ones broke while I was watching a show. I need them now."

"I can get them for you," Bhuvan offered, but his suspicion was evident. He was clever enough not to notice Sitara's strange behavior.

"No, I want to get them myself," Sitara insisted, her throat dry as she glanced at Bhuvan and his axe. She felt trapped, unable to find an escape. "You don't know which brand I want."

"Don't you think it's a bit late to go shopping? All the stores are closed." Bhuvan said.

Sitara wanted to cry. The man wouldn't leave her alone. She had to do something. She scanned her surroundings for a potential weapon and her gaze landed on a rock by the side of the road.

"How can I explain this?" she said and casually walked toward the rock. "You don't know..."

"What I don't know," the gardener was losing his patience.

Sitara lunged towards the rock, snatched it up, and hurled it towards Bhuvan. The rock smacked the gardener's face, causing him to clutch his injured cheek and unleash a string of curses. Seizing the opportunity, Sitara ran.

However, she hadn't run a few yards when Bhuvan caught up to her and forcefully grabbed her hand, abruptly halting her movement.

"Are you out of your mind?" he shouted.

The impact of the rock had left a visible mark above his cheek, causing it to become red and swollen. "Why did you hit me?"

"Let me go!" Sitara screamed, desperately attempting to break free from his vice-like grip.

"You have lost your mind," he said. "I'll take you to your grandmother. Maybe she will knock some sense into you," He began dragging Sitara towards the house she had managed to escape from with great difficulty.

"No!" Sitara shrieked, trying to punch Bhuvan. "Don't take me to the witch."

For a brief moment, Bhuvan paused and stared at her. Realization seemed to drain on him. "Ah, I see," he said slowly. "You know."

"Get away from me!" Sitara shouted and landed a punch in his face.

"Be quiet!" He struck Sitara across the face. The impact of the slap sent a buzzing sensation through her body, causing her head to spin momentarily. Her ears began to ring.

They were almost at the gate when someone yelled. "Leave her."

Both Bhuvan and Sitara halted.

A boy around Sitara's age stood on the street, gripping a silver whip. His disheveled brown hair and wide eyes made Sitara gasp in recognition. It was Vihaan.

With his silver whip held high, Vihaan advanced towards them. He didn't look like a scared little kid anymore. His spectacle was gone. His jawline had gotten sharper. And he seemed like he was hitting the gym daily. He had gotten a lot hotter.

"Sitara, you okay?" he asked.

Before Sitara recovered from her surprise and responded, Bhuvan stepped toward Vihaan.

"You," he exclaimed. "The girl's behavior must have something to do with you. You filled her head."

"Let her go," Vihaan repeated.

Bhuvan chuckled. "You must be brave to come here."

"This isn't my first time showing up," Vihaan replied.

Bhuvan's face darkened. "But it will be your last."

A guttural growl escaped Bhuvan's lips. Fangs spurt out from his mouth while his once brown eyes blazed with a fiery red hue. In a blink of an eye, he transformed into a majestic wolf.

***

Hey everyone. Hope you are enjoying the story.

Please don't forget to Vote and Comment and Share.

Happy Reading. 📚❤