Chapter Ten

The sight of the enormous wolf with its gleaming red eyes made Sitara's skin crawl. She couldn't tear her gaze away from the terrifying creature standing before her.

Bhuvan, the wolf, emitted a low growl that reverberated through the stillness of the night, causing Sitara's heart to race with terror.

"Sitara," Vihaan called out, his voice drawing nearer. She hadn't noticed him approaching. "Don't be afraid."

Sitara let out a whimper in response. How could she not be terrified? The wolf's teeth resembled sharp blades. He could easily rip them into pieces.

"Boy, I'm giving you one last warning," Bhuvan, the wolf, growled. "Leave us alone."

"I'm not going anywhere without Sitara," Vihaan said firmly.

Without warning, the wolf lunged at Vihaan, knocking him to the ground.

Sitara's terrified scream filled the air as she tightly shut her eyes, bracing herself for the worst.

But she heard the wolf's yelp of pain.

As Sitara's eyes fluttered open, she found Vihaan on his feet and the wolf on the ground.

Vihaan snapped his whip, and it cracked like a lightning bolt. There wasn't a flicker of fear on Vihaan's face and his confidence took away Sitara's fear. He seemed like he knew what he was doing.

Bhuvan climbed to his feet. "I'm going to rip your heart out."

"Me too," Vihaan said.

Bhuvan pounced towards Vihaan once more. However, Vihaan swiftly evaded the attack and retaliated by cracking his whip, which entangled around Bhuvan's leg. In a swift motion, Vihaan pulled the whip, causing Bhuvan to lose his footing and crumble to the ground. A sharp cry of pain escaped Bhuvan's lips.

"Remember what I told you last time," Vihaan said, his eyes blazing with anger. "I won't let that dayan hurt any innocent soul."

But Bhuvan did not seem to give up easily. He yanked his feet so forcefully that the whip slipped away from Vihaan's hand.

Bhuvan stood up and vigorously shook off the whip and kicked it away. Emitting a fierce roar, he charged towards Vihaan, delivering a forceful blow to his chest that sent Vihaan soaring through the air. As Vihaan crashed onto the ground, the wolf pounced on top of him.

"Enough of your game," Bhuvan bellowed. "I'll make sure you suffer."

With a swift blow, Vihaan struck Bhuvan's stomach, drawing a piercing cry of agony from the wolf. Then the wolf extended his paw, revealing razor-sharp nails resembling knives, and ruthlessly slashed Vihaan's chest.

"Vihaan," Sitara yelled, as Vihaan's yellow hoodie turned crimson. "Please, Bhuvan, leave him."

Bhuvan snarled as he lunged towards Vihaan's chest once more, but this time Vihaan defended himself, seizing both of Bhuvan's paws.

Vihaan was struggling under Bhuvan. Sitara knew he couldn't fight the wolf for long. Vihaan was already bleeding.

Sitara had to help Vihaan. her eyes scanning the surroundings until she caught sight of his whip. She ran to it and she snatched it up. The whip felt hot in her hand. Sitara gripped it and wondered how to use it.

Suddenly, a car came racing towards them, and a boy emerged from the window, brandishing a gun. With a swift motion, he fired a shot, and the bullet whizzed through the air, striking Bhuvan squarely in the back. The impact caused blood to gush from the wound. Bhuvan let out a piercing howl of pain.

Sitara froze in her place.

Quickly, Vihaan shoved the wolf aside and leaped back onto his feet.

"Hurry up, Vihaan!" shouted the boy from the car amidst the wolf's howling.

Vihaan rushed to Sitara and grasped her hand. "Come on, Sitara, we need to leave."

Sitara was still dizzy from what she had just witnessed when Vihaan dragged her to the car and pushed her into the backseat. He quickly joined her and slammed the door shut.

"Dheer, let's go," Vihaan shouted. And the car roared to life immediately.

"Sitara," Bhuvan yelled. "Don't go. She needed you." He tried to chase after the car but couldn't keep up with the speed and fell into the street. "Sitara!"

With one last glance at the mansion and the wounded wolf, Sitara turned her attention ahead. She had escaped the witch. Or she hoped so.

***