Chapter - Twenty Four

"What?" Bishaala exclaimed, her voice rising in frustration. "What do you mean?"

Vikranth shifted uncomfortably, avoiding Bishaala's gaze. "She left my house," he admitted. "Took all her belongings with her."

"But the dagger doesn't belong to her," Bishaala said, her tone sharp with disbelief.

Vikranth took a step back as if trying to distance himself from the confrontation. "I know," he admitted softly. "She took it for hunting, and I never thought to ask her to return it."

"But you two broke up," Bishaala reminded him. "You should have insisted she leave the dagger behind."

"What?" Vikranth said. "How could you even suggest that? I may be hurt, but I'm still a gentleman. I don't demand back the gifts I've given, even after a breakup."

"Gift?" Bishaala snapped. "That dagger isn't even yours. How could you possibly gift it to her?"

Vikranth's expression softened with remorse. "I know, I'm sorry."

"Listen, we don't have time for this," Shaurya interjected, his impatience evident. "We need that dagger as soon as possible."

"Vikranth," Vihaan interjected calmly. "Could you do us a favor and reach out to your girlfriend? See if we can retrieve the dagger?"

"That could be arranged," Chandu chimed in helpfully.

Vikranth shook his head despondently. "I haven't spoken to her since she left."

"But you can contact her now, right?" Shaurya pressed, his tone sharp with urgency.

"He means," Sitara said, her voice gentle yet persuasive. "That now you have a reason to reach out to her." She flashed a reassuring smile. "Don't let this opportunity slip away. Give her a call?"

Vikranth appeared to mull over the suggestion. "Yeah, but..."

"You love her," Sitara continued, her tone encouraging. "And she loves you."

Vikranth nodded thoughtfully.

"And I'm certain she'll be willing to help us," Sitara added.

Vikranth's expression brightened. "She's incredibly kind-hearted."

"Yes," Chandu affirmed. "She's always willing to help others."

"And consider this," Sitara pressed on. "You two met through helping someone. Perhaps this could be another chance for you to reconnect by helping us."

Sitara sensed she was getting through to him. "Make the call."

Vikranth appeared uncertain. "She told me not to contact her. I have sworn on it."

"She was upset," Shaurya said, his voice raising. "Are you going to obey her every command? She probably wants you to chase after her. That's how it works with girls. Girls love when you chase after them."

"Perhaps she's eagerly anticipating your call," Chandu suggested.

"I don't know," Vikranth admitted, still hesitant.

"Call her," Sitara, Vihaan, Shaurya, and Chandu chimed in unison.

Encouraged by their words, Vikranth swiftly retrieved his phone from his pocket. His hand trembled slightly as he held it up.

Sitara noticed Shaurya clenching his fists, his impatience evident. She shot him a glance, silently urging him to remain calm.

Finally, Vikranth punched in the number and brought the phone to his ear.

Sitara could feel her heart pounding in her chest, matching the rhythm of the thunder outside.

"Her phone is switched off," Vikranth mourned.