Chapter Twelve

As the night transformed into morning, Sitara's surroundings slowly came into view. They were traveling along a rough dirt road, covered by tall trees that created a thick canopy above them.

Sitara found herself surrounded by three unfamiliar boys in a dense forest. Well, she did know Vihaan, but what if the others were dangerous psychopaths? Strangely enough, this thought didn't scare her as much as the thought of her grandma's fake smile.

"Look at that wall over there," Vihaan said suddenly, gesturing towards the towering city wall. "It's not just a wall. Each stone possesses a protective enchantment, warding off the dayan and any potential threats. It was constructed years ago, in response to the dayan's attack."

"So, the wall protects you," Sitara said, feeling relieved at the thought.

"But it's not enough," Neer said. "The witch still managed to hurt our people. And traitors like Bhuvan help her."

Sitara's feeling of safety, which she had gained upon learning about the protective wall, was suddenly shattered.

Dheer brought the car to a halt as they neared the massive wall. They all exited the vehicle and began making their way towards the gate.

Just a moment later, the massive stone door swung open and a muscular man emerged. He appeared to be in his mid-thirties, dressed in a vintage tunic and pants, with an iron belt around his waist.

"Who is she?" asked the man.

"Sitara," Vihaan answered. "We saved her from the witch."

The man's expression softened. "Poor thing."

"We have to take her to the wolf king immediately," Dheer said. He confidently walked towards the door, but the man halted him by raising his hand.

"What?" Dheer asked.

The man smiled. "You are forgetting the enchantment test," he reminded, taking out a crystal want from his tunic and aiming it towards Dheer.

"Do we have to do it every time?" Dheer asked.

"Yes, my boy," replied the man. "We can't take any chances. What if you turn out to be an imposter?"

Dheer gripped the wand as the man chanted a spell. A few seconds later, the man stopped chanting and Dheer let go of the wand and walked through the door.

Next, the man moved towards Neer and stretched out his wand. Neer held onto it tightly while the man recited the spell. Afterward, Neer left the wand and confidently stepped through the door.

Vihaan pushed Sitara forward. "Let Sitara do it first."

The man smiled at Sitara. "Just hold on to the wand and relax"

Sitara held the wand. The man softly uttered an incantation, causing a comforting warmth to spread throughout her entire being. As the man finished his chant, the sensation dissipated.

"Welcome to Amrit Nagri," the man announced, allowing Sitara to pass through the doorway.

Sitara, Dheer, and Neer stood patiently while Vihaan completed the ritual and joined them. Once everyone was inside, the man uttered a spell, sealing the gate tight.

"See you later," Vihaan said to the man and led them through a dirt path.

As they strolled for a brief moment, the village came into view, causing Sitara to gasp in awe. The village seemed straight out of a fairytale, with charming cottages lining the path. The atmosphere of the village was truly magical, exuding a sense of tranquility that seemed to linger in the air. Sitara's eyes widened as she caught sight of fairies gracefully dancing among the trees, adding to the mystical charm of the place. A horse with majestic wings and even a unicorn captured her attention, further enhancing the enchanting atmosphere of the village.