𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

𝓔𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷

    I ᴋɴᴇᴡ I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʜᴇʀ ɴᴇʀᴠᴏᴜs. Aɴᴅ ɪᴛ ʙᴏᴏsᴛᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ᴇɢᴏ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴘᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴛ higher since Devi had decided to crush it just a few days ago.
     Sitting on my bed in my boxers in the morning while texting my friends definitely had turned into a routine. I usually didn't sleep in pajamas. Either I slept in just boxer-briefs, or in boxer-briefs and a T-shirt. Putting an emphasis on the "and" to make it very clear.
      Mom would get up early in the morning to go to work, so while she was waking up, I would still be snoring and drooling on my pillow.
     Right now it was seven a.m. and I unfortunately had to get up. At least texting with the group would get me in a good mood.
     My routine in the morning was simple. Get up from bed, brush my teeth, go downstairs—still in my undies—get a coffee, drink it, go back upstairs, get dressed, wash my face with tap water because, what the fuck do I need skincare for? Roll my sleeves up, throw some notebooks and an almost empty pencil case in my backpack, zip it, get one of my five skateboards—I choose my skateboards depending on my mood—slip on my sneakers, take the home keys, car keys, get out of the house, hop inside the car, drop my skateboard on the passenger's seat and start the car. Drive to school, park the car, go to my locker, open the door, throw my backpack inside while I don't need it, take my skateboard and go find my friends.
     Of course, while I'm on the way, I see the girls ogling at me like I'm eye candy.
      I mean, if I was a girl I would be looking at a man just like me all the time so they have their reasons.
     "Hey, pretty guy." Shrimp chuckled as I approached. He looked around to see if there was anyone around and gave me his lit up cigar. Second meal of the day.
     I took a puff and gave it back to him. "I'm not pretty. I'm hot, it's two different words, man. Tell me I'm 'pretty' again and I'll fucking come for you." I chuckled in return, not really meaning the last words as I dropped my arm around his shoulders and we walked towards the rest of the group.
     Shrimp was pretty short, so I basically had my arm hanging around his shoulder.
     "You're late, bro. We're all supposed to be here at eight o'clock and you're here only six minutes later." Brody said, his tone mocking. I knew he wasn't serious. He never is anyways.
     "I'm never on point. Only for parties, though. Girls love to see me." I said, handing him my skateboard since he accidently lost his a few days ago when he decided to let it take a trip down the road. He never found it again. He mouthed a "thank you" and decided to do some tricks on his own while I kept talking to the rest of the group.
     I didn't mind if he broke it, I had four more at home anyways. Or I could buy more, money wasn't much of a problem for my family. Maybe I was fatherless, but I had a great mom that took amazing care of me.
     When I was a kid, I didn't accept it very well. Whenever it was father's day, all my classmates could give gifts to their fathers, or they would come pick them up for school. Some of them were divorced, but they still came to get their kids no matter the relationship they had with the mother.
     My mom had an advantage from that, she got gifts that I made at school on my own twice a year, if I was her I would take that as a benefit because, who doesn't like gifts from their kids? It's literally the sweetest thing ever.
     But as I was saying, I didn't accept the fact that I didn't have a dad and others did, from there comes my personality. I've always needed the validation from someone so that I could say that I felt good about myself. That I was hot. That everyone to be me. Or with me, whatever. And until this summer, my life had been a rollercoaster. My friends always had all the girls that they wanted, I mean, some of them. They were my friends, so they accepted and liked me the way that I was, but girls didn't, and that caused a really bad problem for me.
     Because I like the validation. I like the feeling of being wanted by people that probably wouldn't have a chance with me by now.
     Whenever I wouldn't get it, I would work harder on myself. Exhaust my body with weights, protein taking, working out all the time. Until I got the validation I so desperately needed. That's how I changed so much is a short time span.
     I quickly cut out of my thoughts when I heard a familiar voice behind me. Shrimp had already left my arm and was doing watching some guys doing some tricks.
     "Morales, tell your friend to tell his little brother to stop tormenting my little sister or I'm gonna kick the kid's ass myself." Isabel said from behind me. I turned around and faced her.
     A smirk surfaced on my lips and I fully turned around, my whole body facing hers, a few feet away from each other.
     Curly, long and silky brown hair, thick arched eyebrows and full round lips. Small nose and a jawline sharp enough to break someone in half. Round face, her siren brown eyes drowning in something unknown.
     "What friend are we talking about here?" I asked, looking at how her arms crossed perfectly over her chest.
     "Him." She said, gesturing with her chin over to Brody. Right, his little brother also was kind of  a trouble maker. Doesn't shock me that the kid would torment her little sister.
     "Noted. Sorry about it," I replied. Watching her nod and then start to walk away, an idea came to mind,"Hey, party at mine this weekend, mind joining and not saying 'no,thanks'?" I added, seeing her stop in her tracks and look over her shoulder then at me.
     "I'll be there. See you around, Morales." She said before continuing to walk away.
Morales. I see she's going to refuse calling me by my first name. I saw it coming.
     "Yo, Brody, tell your little brother to stop annoying girls at school. He probably wants to know what it's like to get his dick sucked but he's a kid," I said, hands in my jeans' pockets as Brody raised an eyebrow but nodded anyway. "Also, party at mine this weekend." I added.
    Every single one of my friends cheered—not loudly— then continued to smoke even though we're at school and we're not supposed to be smoking.

     Physical Education. One of the subjects I like a lot more just because it's good for me to keep track on my body whenever I don't work out at home.
     Coincidently, I have the same schedule as Miss Latina so we have P.E. at the same time.
     "Today we're running a few minutes. Everyone find a partner." Whatever is her last name said.
     Isabel was alone, I was alone, so why not just get her to be my partner? I would probably run a bit faster than her since she was a bit short compared to me but I would still get a good grade in P.E. The only subject I would ever want a good grade in. Fuck the rest.
     "Yo, wanna partner up?" I asked, standing beside her and stretching my arms out, a quiet groan escaping my mouth as I did. She tightened her ponytail then looked at me.
     "Sure. Do keep up with me, please. I'm sure I run faster than you." Isabel said, a grin drawn on her lips. Infectious, I had a grin on my face too now.
     "Of course you will, cariño. Those slender legs might help but being short won't." I answered, hearing her let out a scoff and stretching out her legs.
     "We'll see." She said, winking at me as we went to start line.
     She placed her foot ight behind the white line and extended her other leg out, raised her ass in the air and pressed the tip of her fingers against the floor, looking ahead of her. I did the same, but I wasn't going to run. I wasn't going to give her the taste of either winning or losing. So I just positioned myself the way she did and waited for the teacher to whistle, signaling the start of—let's face it, a race.
     Once she did, Isabel put pressure on her toes and sprinted away. Not even looking back. I'm pretty sure she noticed I didn't follow behind, probably even saw it coming.
     I straightened myself and my hands in the pockets of my shorts, watching her run the loop faster than I ever could. I was fast, but she was a fucking panther. The air blew her hair, making her ponytail fall down her back. Her cheeks were now red, and she seemed to be panting heavily even from a distance.
     It's pretty much understandable to be panting like an animal, if I ran like her I would do the same.
     When she finished her loop, she stood next to me, hands on her knees, heavy breathing. I took my water bottle from the floor and gave it to her, and she gladly took it, straightening herself and opening it, taking a long sip. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and gave me the bottle.
     "You went a little fast there." I said, the same smirk on my face.
     "I always do. You should have seen me run when I was just a little girl." She said, stretching her back, hands on the small of it.
     "Your parents must be proud, I suppose." Once I said that, she stopped talking and looked down at the floor, a small stray strand of hair falling over her face. Something I've never seen before flooded her eyes, and I regretted saying that right the next second. But she answered anyway.
     "They are. They're really proud." She said, her voice going below a few decibels in a matter of a few seconds as she fidgeted with her nails.
     It wasn't only her eyes that were filled with that uncertain feeling, it was her voice. Her entire energy. I don't know what I said that triggered her to get like this, but it certainly had something to do with her parents. Or else she wouldn't have reacted like that.

     Class ended with a long silence between me and Isabel, and I had to apologize I don't for what, but it seemed like her parents were a sensitive talk. So once I had finished changing, I waited by her locker until I finally saw her coming my way, eyes on her phone as she scrolled.
     "Hey, I wanted to apologize for earlier." Nervousness filled my taste buds, a metal taste in my mouth. I was nervous. That's new.
     "You don't have to apologize. I acted weird. I'm the one who should apologize." She explained, putting her phone back in her pocket. I noticed she wanted to get to her locker so I moved out of the way and let her unlock the padlock, then opening the door.
     "No, it's my fault too. We only met a few days ago and I'm all up on your ass talking to you like we're the closest of friends," I like doing that, but maybe she doesn't so I have to respect that,"So I'm sorry. If you ever need to talk, which I know I might not seem the best person to talk to your problems about, but I'm a very good listener, if you want to."
     "Thank you. But there's nothing to talk about." I could see it. She was lying straight to my face. She had something burning her up inside that she didn't even want to let out. I ignored it and acted naïve.
     "If you say so. But I'll see you around, Isabel."
     "I'll see you around, Morales."

Morales. My last name and yet she made it sound like it was a sophisticated spanish word.