𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

This is, a happy house
We're happy here
—The Weeknd

𝓘𝓼𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵

As I ᴡᴀs sɪʟᴇɴᴛʟʏ sɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴅ, ʙᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴ ʜᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴍᴀɢᴇ ғ Eᴛʜᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ Starbucks with him and his friends probably me make the drinks one by one, the door to my room opened. For once, a smiley Maria entered and closed the door behind her, slowly walking towards me with her hands behind her back.
Before she started talking, I already knew what she wanted. It was obvious already.
"Yes Maria, you can take my laptop." I said for her, resting my head against the wall, closing my book but maintaining one hand between the pages so I wouldn't lose the page I was on.
"Sweet!" She said, approaching my desk in a few steps and pulling the charger from the device, bending down to take the base of the charger off of the outlet. But as she bent down, I saw something on her inner thighs.
Fuck no.
"Maria, what do you have on your thighs?" She froze. Not a single noise coming from her mouth as she straightened herself and didn't even come here.
I put my book down and got up from the bed, walking over to her and standing behind her. Hoping it was not what I was thinking.
"Maria. Show me your thigh." I demanded, my voice getting softer but she understood what I wanted. But she still didn't show me anything.
"There is nothing to see." She answered, looking down at her hands.
Feeling the rage boiling up and down my spine, I grabbed her by the arms and turned her around, making her face me either she wanted it or not.
"Don't fucking hide whatever you have on your thighs from me." I said, getting in her face, being two fingers away from just sitting her on my bed and make her show me whatever she had on her thighs. I just hoped it was not what I thought or I was gonna go crazy.
Tears flooded her eyes, dripping down her face.
"I told you. There is nothing to see." She repeated, wiping her nose with the back of her hand.
Ok, that's it.
I grabbed her by the hand and led her to my bed, picking her up and sitting her down on top of the soft mattress, grabbing her knees and opening her legs, horror crawling up my back and widening my eyes, my jaw dropping as my hand went to my mouth.
Deep cuts. Recently had been bleeding. On both inner thighs. So that's why she had her scissor on her bedside table.
Fuck it, I'm not leaving this shit like this.
I straightened myself, but kept looking at the cuts, gliding a gentle finger over them.
"I'm so sorry, Isa. I don't know why I—" She started, sobs leaving left and right from her mouth. But I stopped her.
"It's not your fault, Maria." I said, turning towards the door and storming out of the room, running downstairs where I found mom and dad sitting on the couch, not fighting for once but still not talking.
Rage, anger and hatred filled every missing space between us, an urge to burn everything down to the ground being strong, even though I couldn't. Because I could get arrested for murder, even though I was up for risking everything just for my sister.
"You two assholes. Because of your fucking fights your daughter is cutting herself." I snapped, gritting my teeth as both of them got up from the couch and got closer to me.
"Watch your tone, niña. We are not your friends." Mom snapped back, getting angry herself.
She was right, they were not my friends. They never have been. They never will be.

"Fuck you. I just told you your daughter is cutting herself and all you have to say to me is that you both are not my friends. Guess what? I already fucking knew that." I hissed, my voice getting louder as the anger built up.
Footsteps approached from up the stairs. Maria was watching.
"What are we supposed to do, huh? You tell us since you know so much more parenting more than us." Dad said, the audacity of his words making me chuckle from all the hatred I was feeling at the moment.
I've hated my parents since a long time ago, but not as much as I do now.
"Oh, you think you know anything about parenting, yeah? How much do you know? Because yelling at a three year old telling her she was fucked up, telling her how much you two should have used a condom to prevent from having her, shaking her and almost spitting on her face to get her to cry," I started, walking closer to him,"You call, neglecting your two children and treating them like shit, parenting? That's what it is? Newsflash, it is not. So get your fucking act toget—" I started, but a strong push from the hands of my father made me fall to the floor on my side.
Not even having time to react, I hit my head on the floor and my fists hit on it, too. My face hurt, and every little sound around me slowed down. I felt small hands on me, shaking me up, but my vision was blurry and I strangely couldn't figure out who was holding me in their arms.
There were three people around me.
Suddenly, I didn't remember who pushed me. Or why I was pushed in the first place.
Everything went black. My eyes closed, I gasped for air and those were the last moments.