𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒

𝓔𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷

ᴛᴇʀ ʜᴇʀ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ʟᴇғ ʜᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴜᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴀɪɴ ᴘʀᴏᴄᴇssᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴀᴛ sʜᴇ sᴀɪᴅ, I ʜᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙɪᴛᴇ ᴍʏ lip to hold back my smirk, because I knew that shit was about to go down.
Isabel was already raging with anger, her mascara dripping down her beautiful face and her eyes swollen, nose reddened. Her hands gripped the edges of the table so hard her knuckles were white, and she was baring her teeth as she dared for the damned lawyer to say something. Which he did.
"Please calm down, Miss Isabel. You have no right to—"
"You want to guess what right you have, Mr. Lawyer?" She asked, taking a step away from her chair as her eyes locked on the tall man, no more tears falling down her face, just the dark streaks of mascara leaving black strings on her cheeks, "You have the right to shut the fuck up. You know nothing that those two bastards did to me. You never will know, because what they have told you? Is complete bullshit."
"Isabella, please sit down." The judge commanded, but it didn't sound like an order. Everyone was fascinated that Isabel was acting like this. They should be, even I was.
"Sit down, Isabel. This is not the scenery for you to throw a tantrum." Her eyes drifted off to her mother, and an amused chuckle slipped from her mouth in response.
"I see. You told your sweet lawyer that I throw tantrums. That you raised me correctly but you spoiled me too much, is that correct?" She asked, and the woman didn't even answer, she just stared with wide eyes.
With an amused huff, she smirked wider and said, "You need to be put down from your high horse, bitch."
She walked over and grabbed the woman by her hair, twisting her head to the side as she screamed in horror, and people all around watched, not knowing what to do. Guards started coming into the room as soon as Isabel started hitting Juana, but before they reached her, I jumped from the witness' stand and ran over to her, grabbed both her arms from the back and pulled her away.
Tears trickled down her face as her mother gasped and groaned for air, her hair a mess and face streaked with tears of anger.
"You little piece of shit! At least you should be grateful you have parents, there are people who don't even have ones! We gifted you!" The woman shouted in anger, wiping her face with the back of her hands.
"No. You cursed me." Isabel retorted, and my grip on her arms disappeared once I saw she was too vulnerable for me to lecture her right now. I wouldn't even, she's already brave enough to be doing this right now.
Once she turned around, I wrapped my arms around her and glared over to the defense's table, seeing the two parents and the lawyer completely silent.
"I'm so sorry, Ethan. So, so sorry." Isabel buried her face in my shoulder and started crying, probably staining my shirt with her mascara, but who gives a shit, right?
Because right now, the only thing I care about is her.
The judge decided to give us a ten minute pause, to cool us down and for us to get fresh air. When we were outside, Isabel crossed her shaky arms over her chest, anxiety coursing through her body the way it always had whenever her parents were mentioned or when something happened.
She deserved better than this. A lot better.
Her and Maria deserved better, actually. But Isabel had spent her life taking care of everyone around her that after almost eighteen years she was not going to take it anymore. And I get it.
Her foot tapped on the floor, her hands tucking her hair behind her ears as she looked at nothing.
"Isa!" Once she heard Maria's voice, she wiped the tears away and adjusted her hair, taking a deep breath before she turned around and gave her little sister a smile.
"Don't cry Maria. It's fine." Her arms opened, the little girl jumping into them and pressing her head into her chest, sobbing silently with closed eyes.
"I'm gonna bring her home, girl, this is too much for her." Devi breathed out, scratching the back of her neck as she waited for Isabel to answer.
"Please do. She needs rest." Says the one with eyebags under her eyes. But Devi did it anyways and took Maria with her, both going to her car.
After the small break, we all went back inside, and I wish I could say everything went well, but it didn't. At least not for her parents, since the judge was taking her side and not theirs.
Deep inside, I prayed for everything to go well, and for Isabel to get the custody of her little sister. But I knew once she did, life for her was only going to get harder.
Maria was only thirteen, and once Isabel would get her custody, she would have to start working harder to pay for both her stuff and the little girl's.
It was never going to be harder than now, trust me, but working overtime as a young adult wasn't the best.
She still wanted to go to college. Study psychology. Heal people the way she couldn't heal herself.
I saw her promise to herself that she will accomplish all of that, and I am optimistic she will anyways.
"Court is dismissed! I will see you all in approximately a month or so. Spend a good afternoon." Mrs. Alridge said before everyone got up and headed out.
Once again, we were outside, and her parents approached, anger in their faces as Isabel didn't even face them.
"Go home, get your shit, and you're out." The man said, her mother not saying anything before they left.
My blood boiled, but it immediately cooled down once I saw Isabel look to the side and press her eyes together, tears slipping out of them as her bottom lip trembled.
I stepped in front of her, taking her face in my hands and cupping her cheeks.
"You'll sleep at mine. Hell, you're going to live at my house. And it's not a yes or no question, Isabel." She chuckled, wiping away her tears.
"But where do I put my stuff? I have a whole vanity, a bed, all my books, my furnitures and all that shit." She said, burying the heels of her palms in her eyes, and I took her hands away from them.
"We'll find room in the house to do that, don't worry. I've told my mom about you, and even though you haven't seen her, she loved you even when I only told her about your name. You're welcome at my house all the time, cariño. And I guarantee you that." My hand stayed on her right cheek while my thumb ran over her bottom lip, stopping it from trembling.
"Are you sure it won't bother you?" She asked, trying to stop the tears coming from her eyes by holding them back so hard her jaw clenched.
"It would never. You know it wouldn't." I assured, seeing her start to tear up again. But before she started crying, I pulled her into my arms and let her rest her head against my shoulder again, her nose grazing the skin of my neck.
"My life is a mess." She sobbed, wrapping her arms tight around me.
"I'll clean it up for you."

ᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ ᴅᴀʏs, ᴡᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴀʟʟ ғ ʜᴇʀ sᴛᴜғғ ᴀᴛ ᴍʏ ʜᴏᴜs. Yᴇᴛ, sʜᴇ ᴡᴀs sᴛɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴄᴛ she was kicked out, even though it was obvious it would happen. But I saw how she felt.
At least, every day that comes is just a step further away from her abusive parents and household. And that's what best for her anyways.
"Do you think I'll miss them?" She asked as I glided the water over her naked skin while she lied on top of me in the bathtub, the soapy water covering both of us from the waist down.
"It's psychologic, you lived with them for your whole life. Your brain got used to the dirty environment you lived in, so it'll take you a while to accommodate your new life style." I explained, resting both my hands on her stomach, not moving them anymore.
Her hands went on top of mine, "I'm the one supposed to know that, Ethan." She chuckled.
"I know, but I think everyone knows that, cariño." My thumbs started rubbing circles over her skin, the lower part of her stomach tensing slightly.
"Ethan?"
"Yes, cariño?"
"Why did you choose me?"
"Because until you, the perspective of my world was drugs, sex, alcohol. I wanted every girl at my feet and only for me, I was greedy. Until you came. And I only wanted you. I only want you." I explained briefly, but it was all I needed to say.
If anyone told me in September of last year that I was going to find the girl of my dreams, and that isn't scared to show her flaws, I wouldn't have believed it. Hell, I still can't believe it now.
Yet, I knew Isabel was all I needed. Head to toe, she was perfect.
She didn't care about people's eyes on her because people had nothing bad to say about her, not even about her family situation, because it wasn't her fault.
"You know marrying with the first girl that you feel something for is a bit dangerous, right?" She asked, looking over her shoulder and up at me.
"Yes, I know. But the only thing that is dangerous about you is how you use your hands, and I don't see myself impregnating someone that is not you."
"Oh that's...Ew." I chuckled at her words, but she knew I meant what I said, I didn't see myself with anyone other than Isabel all the times I thought about my future.
"I'm kidding. But I mean it. I don't see myself marrying another woman that is not you. You're perfect for me. Also, marrying a therapist doesn't sound like such a bad idea, you know? Free therapy session when I want." My lips grazed her neck, and a satisfied sound left her mouth before she straightened herself.
"I like that."
"I know you do."

W ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʟᴀʏɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʙᴇᴅ ғᴛᴇʀ I ғᴜᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ ғ ʜᴇʀ ʙɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀʟʟʏwhile she had her hands in my hair and played with the messy locks, her body lying on top of mine while I held her hips, making sure she didn't fall off of me.
"You look like a kid right now. Playing with my hair and the look in your eyes." Another chuckle rippled through my throat, and her pinch on my nose only made me laugh more.
"I just like acting like a kid, duh." She chuckled in return, but she should know she doesn't need to explain herself to me. She could act like a baby and I would still take care of her.
Just right now, I think I need her to take care of me instead. She wore me out these past two hours.
My hands slowly started rubbing her hips, watching as she leaned in and pressed a kiss to my lips, one hand on my cheek and the other one still buried somewhere in my hair.
The possibility of marrying someone other than her, having kids with someone other than her, growing old with someone other than her, flashed through my head. And, oh God, I already wanted to die from the thought of it.
I only wanted her. All of her. Even when we're going to be six feet underground, I'll hold her soul close to mine until she begs me to let her go, and even then, I'll just hold her tighter. Until the nonexistent air she'll be breathing is refusing to pass.
This sounds like bullshit, and too lovey-dovey for me. But ever since the first time we saw each other—outside of my house, while I asked her if she wanted to join my party—I wanted to be selfish and keep her all and only to myself. Not let any other dirty hands touch the perfect body she had, because it was all mine even before I touched it with my own hands.
And lets just say that it would remain that way for a very long time, and not changing until I said so.
Most high school sweethearts failed each other, but I wasn't going to fail her. Ever.
There was no letting her go now.