𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

𝓘𝓼𝓪𝓫𝓮𝓵

     "S ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛs—sᴏʀʀʏ, I ᴍᴇᴀɴ ʙᴀsᴛᴀʀᴅs." Dᴇᴠɪ sᴋᴇᴅ, ʟɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ on her ice cream as we all walked through the festival.
     It had been over at least four days since Ethan appeared unexpectedly at my house. And he hadn't spoken to me ever since.
Knowing him, I knew he left my house ashamed. In embarrassment. For showing weakness. Vulnerability. And it was a sight, trust me. I still remember well when we both fell to the floor with his face buried in my neck and me straddling him while he sat on his heels.
     Crying.
     He had done some brave shit, and I wouldn't go away for what he did.
     Ethan is human. All he did was take revenge on the person who should have been here ever since he was only a few days old in his mom's belly. In the process, he hurt himself mentally.
     The wound would stay there for a while. But I would take care of it. Either he wanted it or not.
"They will be sued and the process might take a few months. Like, one to three years of jail and a 1000$ fine." I answered her while I sipped my Coke. Nobody noticed, but I kind of laced it with oxycontin or whatever it was that Shrimp gave me.
"To be honest, they better. Because you deserve better, girl!" Eleanor squealed, dropping an arm around my shoulders and holding me against her.
We soon all stopped walking and all of them wrapped their arms around me in a tight embrace. And I could barely move, but it felt so good so I just closed my eyes and kept myself there for a awhile until we all stopped.
Friendship with Devi, Eleanor, Fabiola and Aneesa was amazing. They always got me covered and understand me on anything.
They showed me how good friendship was once you found the right people for you. The ones that were the most relatable to you.
Who understood you and had you in their arms at your lowest.
We all have our bratty attitudes and our good ones, but we accept that each other no matter how much bad personality traits we have as long as we still hold each other up in one straight line and perfect circle.
Devi saw some shit she should have never witnessed, I mean, me kissing my little sister's scars while she writhed and cried for me to stop was not the best sight.
I regretted ever having brought the girls into my problems, but if I hadn't, maybe until now I would still try to keep everything to myself and wouldn't have ever gotten the courage to go out and ask for a lawyer to get out of that house and take my sister with me.
So in some way, the girls saved me. Ethan did too, and I'm so grateful for everything. He'll never know how good he makes me feel, it's crazy.
I know we are just teenagers, but what I feel for him is more than just a high school hook up. He knows me more than any other person would know. From the inside out.
No, I do not mean my vagina, even though he must know it like the back of his hand by now.
But what I mean is that he gets me. I'm his and he's mine. We both made it very clear at this point.
     I hadn't seen him for a few days now, and trust me when I tell you this is sickening. It hurt to breathe knowing he was not close.
      The girls eased the pain but never really completely. Because I haven't even gotten a text from him.
      "How are things with Ben, Devi?" I asked, trying to lighten up my own mood with questions that might seem interesting.
     "Still not good. He hasn't spoken to me in a while and I'm really starting to think I did something wrong when I'm just—" Frustrated, but she couldn't get the word out, "And he left me when I gave him something that normally is really intimate. Now I regret it every single second of my day."
     "To be honest girl, you should really stop that from getting in the way of you worshiping yourself like you should!" Aneesa budged in, hands in her pockets and wide smile on her lips.
     "She's right, Devi. Let Ben Gross behind and focus on yourself instead. He's really not worth it." Fabiola agreed, while Eleanor kept quiet and stayed sipping on her slushy.
"Isabel, any advice?" Devi asked, hope in her eyed as I turned and looked over at her.
The loud music of the carnival was blasting through my ears but I heard her.
"Why me?" I questioned in return, raising an eyebrow.
"Because you have the best relationship out of all of us! You're dating Ethan fucking Morales, and I just know your sex is explosive." That's not a lie, but they do not need to know about it. So let's just skip that part.
Images of the last time me and Ethan had sex—on his kitchen counter, of course—ran through my mind and I bit my lip, thighs clenching as I felt a sudden wave of wet heat travel all the way down to my core.
"No need to talk about that, but I really have no advice to give you right now." I answered, biting the inside of my cheek until the coppery taste of blood filled my mouth.
Fuck, where was he now, man?
We kept walking down the carnival, watching the different rides here as the cold night air made the hairs on my neck lift upwards.
I suddenly felt his presence, and it made my chest tighten. In a good way.
     "Hey, you girls, I'm gonna go try to find the restrooms, be right back." I muttered before walking away and walking around through the loud music and huge crowd.
     Curly hair. Doe eyes. Hands in his pockets like always and his skateboard under his foot.
     The tight line if my lips soon turned into huge smile, the crowd suddenly going away and all the sounds around me went away. He was in my sight.
     Well at least now I knew he was not dead.
     I ran towards him with open arms, before I reached him and he wrapped his arms around me, hands pressing against the small of my back.
     "Thought you were dead at this point." I whispered as I pressed a kiss against his neck and he did too in return.
     "I would never die without you, cariño." He whispered back, leaving a trail of kisses on my neck, his hands gripping my hips tight.
I hadn't felt him touch me like this for a long time, and it made my thighs clench harder in an instant. I knew he was aching for it, too, but we were at a carnival.
     Even though I'm sure Ethan would always find somewhere to fuck me.
     "Where do you want to go?" He asked, pulling away from my neck and giving me a soft smile, his thumbs grazing over both my hips, against the curve towards the dip of my waist.
     I smiled.
     What I liked about Ethan is that I didn't even need to say anything and he already knew what I was thinking about.
      How did I know? While he was kissing my neck, he was being urgent, and his hands were gripping my hips so tightly he could have bruised them if he held them tighter.
In a second, his kisses became softer. More gentle. With less urgency. His grip loosened on my hips and his thumbs started caressing my covered skin, the touch small and so delicate it warmed me up in a way I never thought it would.
     "Ice cream stand?" I proposed, seeing him hesitate for a second before nodding and giving a small kiss to my cheek, coming up to my side and wrapping his arm around my waist as we started walking towards the colorful ice cream stand.
     The carnival was mostly based on vivid colors or really eye hurting lighting. Mind blowing rides and a few stands with food, merchandise vendors and a few games scattered all around.
The karts had always been my favorite, and I was planning on going there with Ethan. Maybe the girls would join, but I'm not really sure Eleanor wants to go to the theatre with bruises on her skin from the day before. She takes that stuff too seriously.
     We soon got to the Ice cream stand and Ethan turned to me, "What flavor do you want, cariño?"
     "Lemon. I love it." I requested and informed him, a wide smile on my lips.
     "So you like sour, huh?" He asked with a mocking smirk, like he was laughing about my taste in ice creams.
     In this case, it was sorbet.
     My love for lemon sorbet will never change, it was what abuela used to make for me when I would visit her house while I escaped mine for as long as I could.
     "It's important to me. And if you don't like it, don't judge it, asshole." I smirked in return, crossing my arms over my chest and watching as he ordered.
     "Two scoops of lemon sorbet, separated though, please." Huh?
     My confused state leaned against his ear and started talking, "I thought you were going to have your usual." I whispered.
     "If you want lemon sorbet, then I want it, too." He whispered back, handing 10 dollars to the woman behind the stand before taking the two paper cups and giving one to me, keeping the other to himself.
     "You're so sweet." I chuckled, taking a spoonful of the delicious sorbet and tasting the different and divine flavors exploding in my mouth.
     Lemon. Sour. Sugar. Ice.
     "This tastes amazing!" I moaned in happiness and my mouth full.
     Ethan leaned down next to my ear, "You taste better, cariño."
     All the blood from my body went to my cheeks and reddened them, my thighs clenching together hard as the images of that one time on his kitchen counter.
     When he ate me out so good I was a shuddering and whimpering mess.
     My teeth dug into my lip so hard that I'm pretty sure I heard skin pull apart. My hand gripped the cup of my sorbet tighter and a nervous chuckle escaped my bitten lips.
     We walked towards the kart zone and bought two tickets and a few coins to make the karts work, and finished our sorbets before hopping in.
     The girls joined but as expected, Eleanor didn't join. She stood against the railings and watched us.
     Soon, the karts started working and bumping into each other while old 90's music played in the background.
      Everyone had their own seats and steering wheel, some people driving so bad on purpose while others drove actually well and tried to avoid people at all costs.
     Well, I was part of the people who were driving bad on purpose to bump into someone else, that someone else I was targeting being Ethan, and he targeted me back.
     Bumping into my kart over and over as our laughs filled the heavy but breathable air around us, the sound echoing like a sweet melody.
     His words still lingered on me, and even though I looked fine, I was soaked under my mini skirt and even thought the air was cold and making goosebumps rise up on my skin, my lower stomach felt hot and sent burning flames of heat all over my aching body.
     He had a wide smile on his face while we bumped into each other endlessly and laughed and flipped off each other, sticking our tongues out to each other.
     Teasing each other like it was a daily routine. And it was, actually.
     Maybe my favorite routine of all time at this point.
     Because he was a part of it.
     Because we were a part of it.
     Like an addiction to each other.