The Lamp

TOMS POV

TOMS POV

I was rehearsing with my band in the garage like we normally do. My fingers where killing me from how hard I was playing the guitar.

In our band there is four people me, Bill, Georg, Gustav. I play guitar. Bill, who is my twin brother is the singer. Georg is the bass player. Gustav is the drummer.

As we was playing "On The Edge" Hailey comes walking by which catches me off guard. It was like she was walking in slow motion. She was showing her pearly white teeth, gosh her smile was gorgeous. Hailey was so pretty, she's blonde and she's got blue eyes. I wish she liked me back but she thinks I'm some wannabe rockstar who's gonna fail and she wants a 'man' who she can 'count' on. I'm very countable.

She looks at me with those beautiful eyes and then that's when I messed up. I got the chords wrong. Oh God this is so embarrassing and in front of Haiey too.

The whole band stopped once I messed up. They all looked at me confused but I kept my eye on Hailey, I see her laugh as she walks away out of my eye view.

"Hey man what's up?" I hear Georg say "huh" I reply not really listening as I slowly turn my head to him "it's not like you to mess up" Georg says "oh yeah.. sorry," I look down a bit disappointed in myself "I just got distracted" they all give me a weird look "By what?" Bill says, a smile creeps on my face just thinking about Hailey "Or should I say by who?" Bill then says raising an eyebrow "Hailey" I say all smiley .

"Ugh" Bill roles his eyes while Georg sighs "what?" I question "Hailey? Really?" Gustav says "yeah?" I reply. Now there's just awkward silence.

"You know I think we should take a break" Georg suggest "Sure, my fingers are killing me" I tell him. We head inside mine and bills house, that's where we practise.

"What should we do?" Bill asks "I don't know" Gustav says. We all plop on the couch, thinking of what to do. "Maybe we should venture out into the woods" Georg says looking at me "sure" I reply "why not" Bill and Gustav say at the same time.

We get off the couch and go to the woods.

We enter the woods. "I don't have a good feeling about this anymore" Gustav says with a bit of panic in his voice "stop being such a scaredy-cat" Georg says "yeah" I laugh a bit, agreeing with Georg "shut up Tom" Gustav says. I roll my eyes.

As we get further into the woods I feel someone tap me on the shoulder then I here "TAG YOURE IT" I turn around quickly to see Gustav running away. I begin to chase after him.

I'm so close to getting him back but then I fall over something. I lay there for a minute. Then I turn to sit up right. I feel my ankle. Bill runs up to me "Tom are you okay?" He says laughing a bit. "Yeah, I don't even know what I fell over" I say looking at the ground to see if I could find what I fell over.

"Maybe it was this" Gustav says picking up a stick "probably" I say getting up then something catches my eye. It's shinny and gold. I go closer to it, getting in my knees to see what it is. "Or maybe it was this" I say digging through the leafs and dirts, picking up a gold lamp. "Woah" Georg says "I could sell this for a lot" I say "if it's real gold" Gustav says "it is real gold have you seen it" I shove it in Gustavs face. "Alright, chill" he pushed it away.

After I found the lamp we head back to mine and Bills house.

When we got in I went up stairs as they went to the garage.

I placed the lamp on my drawer. I look at it for a bit then leave shutting the door. I joined the rest in the garage so we could practise more.

-

It was getting late so Georg and Gustav left.

Me and Bill just sat on the couch looking through channels. "How much do you recken i sell the lamp for?" I ask "i don't know" Bill replies "€20 maybe?" I look at Bill, he shrugs "I don't think you should sell the lamp" I pull a face "why?" I say with a bit of an a attitude "because what if it belongs to someone" I roll my eyes "well now it belongs to me" I say getting up and going up stairs.

I went to my room.

I sat on my bed, looking at the lamp. Just thinking about the money I was going to make off it. I went up to it, rubbing the left over dirt on it. I mean if I'm gonna sell it might as well be clean.

As I'm rubbing it the lamp falls out of my hands. It begins to smoke. The smoke rising to the roof. What the-

Before I could finish my thought, a girl appears in front of me. Um what the fuck.

How? What? Umm I'm a bit confused.

She looked at me. She looked confused.

"Where am I?" She asked. I couldn't speak, I was in shock. "Hello?" She stepped closer, I stepped back. She looks around my room. Observing it, maybe?

She had light brown hair, light brown eyes, she was a bit shorter than me. She was wearing a gold crop top, bra thingy. I don't know what it is but it was something like that. She was skinny and toned. She also wore these baggy pants that were hot pink with a gold strap at the top, her pants hung lowly on her hips. She had gold heels on. Her hair was in a high ponytail, just letting two front pieces out. 

"Who are you?" I asked she looked at me "I'm a genie" she answers "excuse me? You're a genie?" I raise an eyebrow. You know maybe I'm just hallucinating cause there's no way that's just happened. Come on like a lamp just started smoking then a random girl appeared saying she's a 'genie'.

"Yes, I'm your genie" she smiles " huh?" What type of dream is this? "What's your name?" She asks "Tom?" I say "Cool" she sits on my bed "This is a really weird dream" I say "but it's not a dream" she says.

I lay on my bed, getting comfy. "Whatever you say, im gonna wake up and you're gonna be gone" I shut my eyes "if you wish for me to be gone I will be gone" she says, I feel the bed sink in next to me "yeah, yeah" I say tiredly "all you have to say is I wish... then whatever you wish for" she whispers.

I start to drift off.

-

I wake up. Thank God it's a Saturday. I open my eyes to see a girl? Wait! A girl? She looks oddly familiar. Isn't she the girl from my dream last night? Was it not a Dream?

I look at her freaked out. She was sleeping, I think. I had to get her out of here before anyone comes into my room.

I poke her "hey" I say "wake up" she rolls over. "Wake up" I shake her. "What?" She says aggressively, sitting up facing me. "Who are you?" I ask frantically "I told you last night silly" she smiles "huh?" I pull a confused face.

"Look I'm a genie, I'm your genie. You get thirteen wishes" she says. How does this even work? "If you want to make a wish just say 'I wish..' then your wish" I nod "you can wish for anything just not death on someone, I can't bring back someone from the dead and I can't make someone fall in love with you" I nod "oh" she tilts her head "you seem disappointed" she frowns "oh nothing it's just one I'm trying to process this and two if you can't make someone fall in love with you I don't know what else I could wish for"

She bites her lip, nodding. "I can't make someone fall in love with you but I can help you swoon her" she says I smile. This might be fun even though it's really confusing.

A/N
I havent fully quit the other book
I'm making it, it's just I've got really bad writer block for it soooo yeah.
I decided to write another cause I think this is a better idea.
I will still be up dating 'JUST FRIENDS' it will just be very slow.
Also I really like idea but I never know how to write properly cause I've got good ideas just not the writing skills :( oh well but I'm learning.