X-Ray

GENNIES POV

GENNIES POV

"I don't need an x-ray" Tom says sassily. "Just in case" I say.

"No" he says. "Stop being stubborn" I say. "I'm not. I don't need an x-ray my fingers are perfectly fine" he says looking away from me.

"Tom, tomorrow we're going to go to the hospital and get you an x-ray" I exclaim. "Nu uh" he shakes his head.

"Uh huh" I nod my head. "Nu uh" Toms still shaking his head.

"I play guitar! My fingers cannot be broken" he says upset almost. "We are going!" I say.

"I will drag you there" I say. Tom rolls his eyes. "Whatever" he says.

-

The next morning I told my mum to take me and Tom to the hospital.

When we finally arrived tom wouldn't get out the car.

"Tom you have to get out" I say. "I don't even want to be here" he whines. "Too bad" I say.

I walk around and open his door. I reach over and unbuckle his seatbelt.

I grab Tom by his arm, and not the right one. "Ugh" he sighs.

"Stop being a big baby" I say. "I'm not being a baby" he says. "Yes you are" I say.

We walk in. My mum goes to the lady at the desk. Me and Tom follow behind her.

They were talking.

The lady behind the desk starts to speak to Tom, "can you fill this out" she says sliding over a paper.

Tom nods and looks at me. "Can you fill it out please" he begs. I nod "yes" I say rolling my eyes.

"Your birthday" I say. "September 1st, 1989" he says. I write that down.

"So where is his parents?" The lady asks my mum. "She'll be here soon. I told her before I left, she said she'll be here in twenty minutes" my mum says.

"Parents phone number. I'll leave that for when your mum comes here" I say.

-

Toms mum walks into the hospital and comes up to us.

"Tom are you okay? What happened? Why do you need an x-ray?" She asks concerned.

"I'm okay mum" he laughs. "Clearly not if you're here" she says. "Gennie thinks I need an x-ray" he shrugs.

"Why does she think that?" She asks giving me a glance. "She thinks my fingers are broken" he laughs.

No one else laughs. Tom quickly stops.

"What happened?" She asks. "So I was climbing my fingers slipped I tried to fall and yeah" he sums it up.

"Oh Tom" she says sighing.

"Are you Toms mother?" The lady asks. "Yeah" she nods putting on a nice smile.

"Can you fill these in and tell me your name, date of birth" the lady asks.

-

We sit down in the waiting area.

"How much longer to we have to wait?" Tom asks. "We've only just sat down be patient" I say.

Tom lays his head on my shoulder. Tom nuzzled into my neck.

I laugh.

"I'm gonna go" my mum says. I nod at her smiling. "You wanna stay or..?" She asks me. I shake my head.

"No, I'll stay" I say. She nods. "I'll see you at home. Dinner will probably be ready" she says.

"Okay. Love you" I say smiling at her. "Love you too" she says giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Tom Kaulitz" a women calls out. Tom lifts his head up. "Come on" Simone says.

Tom sighs getting up. He looks back at me. I smile. Tom gives me a kiss before walking away.

I feel my face go red a little.

Tom and his mum leave.

-

It had been fifteen minutes.

I kicked my feet to pass the time.

I look around. Ooo a vending machines. There was a drink one and one full of snacks, crisps. I squint my eyes debating whether or not to get something.

I check my pockets to see if I had any money. Somehow I did.

I had four euros.

I stand up and walk to the vending machines. I look at what drinks they had.

Coke, sprite, Fanta, water, milkshakes and milk..? Oh right.

I'll get myself a.. coke.

It only cost one euro. Decent.

I walk over to the other vending machine. It had a bunch of different crisps and snacks.

After I picked some out I walked back over to the waiting area and sat down. I begin to think.

What if I didn't have any money on me. I couldn't use any magic. I'd of just had to sit here and wait until I got home.

It made me really happy realising I'm finally going to be normal.

I start drinking my coke.

-

After thirty minutes Tom and his mum appeared.

Tom had some sort of cast thingy and some tape around his hand and fingers.

I stood up and walked over to him, "apparently I've fractured my fingers" Tom says looking upset.

"How long will it take to get better?" I ask. "Six to eight weeks" he says.

I really wanted to say 'I told you so' but I knew it wasn't the best time at the moment.

"That means six to eight weeks without playing guitar" he says. "It'll be okay" I say rubbing his arm. Smiling slightly.

-

I was at Toms house keeping him company. I was also helping him out since I felt bad that he couldn't play guitar.

Me and him were on the couch just watching some cartoons.

"Gennie" he says. "Yeah" I say. "Can you get me a coke" he asks, I don't reply . Tom looks at me, "please" he says extending it out.

I roll my eyes. "Sure" I say standing up. "But you do know you've broken your fingers not your whole body, right?" I say.

"Yeah, yeah" he says.

I walk into the kitchen and open the fridge. I bend down, grabbing a coke.

While I'm here I might as well grab myself a water. So I did.

I close the fridge and walk back into the living room.

"Here you go" I say handing him the coke. "Thank you" he says. "You're welcome" I smile at him.

I sit down, drinking my water.

"Hey Tom" I say. "Mhm" he hums still looking at the TV.

"So you know last night" I say. He nods "mhm" he hums again. "And I asked how you felt about me" I say awkwardly, starting to play with my fingers.

"Yeah" he says looking at me. "You didn't exactly give me an answer" I say.