At The Park

GENNIES POV

GENNIES POV

We headed our way to they park.

We was just walking around. "I feel like we don't really know each other" I say, Tom looks at me "what do you mean?" He asks confused "like I live with you and we hangout but I don't really know one thing about you" I tell him, he nods.

"Well, you know I'm in a band and my love for Hailey" he says "I guess" I shrug. I stop walking. Tom stops after I stopped "what?" He asks "do you wanna go on the swings over there?" I ask pointing over at the swings. "Sure" he nods.

We walk over and I sit on the swing, Tom sitting next to me on the other swing. I look up at the stars.

"What your favourite colour?" I ask trying to get to know him. "Blue" he replies "What about you?" I think "um probably, pink" I say, smiling.

"What do you like to do?" I ask. "Instead of taking turns asking the same questions, what if I ask ten questions you answer then you ask ten questions?" He suggests, which I nod at.

"Okay so, do you have parents?" He asks.

Out of all the questions he could ask he asks that one.

"I'm sure I do" I reply "where are they then?" He says "I don't know" I say, my head down. "Sorry I didn't mean to make you upset, I'm just curious" he apologises "it's fine" I say, lifting my head up and giving Tom a slight smile.

"Next question" I say "where have you been so far? Like around town" he asks "oh, um your house, the school, the mall and the park." I say "with my last owner he just kept me away in his house unless he needed a wish" I explain.

"What do you mean by owner?" He asks "well it's like," I try to think of an example "your my owner now since I do whatever you want me to do and you're the one in control" I say.

"Oh" I look at him "I see you as my friend" says "so we're friends?" I ask smiling "well I thought we was" he says "we are if you want us to be" I say "do you see me as your owner?" He asks a bit confused "well, not really I guess you are like a friend to me" I admit.

"Okay good" he sighs in relief "cause if you saw me as your owner I would be very creeped out" he laughs, I laugh too.

"What does it feel like being a genie?" He asks. I really debating spilling my guts out to him.

"It gets lonely," I begin with my head down "for years I sit and wait for someone to set me free and I hope they're nice too," I look at Tom "this is my second time being set free but im not actually free," I say "what do you mean 'not actually free'?" He says.

"I mean that I've been set free but for a short amount of time cause once the person doesn't need me to grant their wishes anymore I go back to the lamp" I say in a sad tone.

"Do you wish to be set free?" He asks "yes but that's never going to happen" I laugh. He nods.

"Okay, I think you've had enough questions asked" I say trying to switch the subject "so, how long have you been friends with your band for?" I asks. It's nice and simple question "well, Bill all my life and Georg and Gustav for like six, seven years" he replies.

-

After a while of talking we decided to go home and when I say home I mean Toms home.

We are walking in silence.

I got to know Tom a lot more. He's a really sweet boy. How could anyone not like him?

To be honest Hailey doesn't deserve him. But all these wishes he's making are mostly for her.

You can tell he likes her. I wonder what it's like for someone to love you like that.

"Gennie" Tom says "yes" I say "tomorrow would you like to go out of town and see more places" he says "I would" I smile.

"Cause I was thinking you know maybe I could show you before you go back" he continues, I raise an eyebrow "don't worry I'm not planning on giving you away anytime soon. I was just thinking" he says panicked.

I laugh "that's a really sweet thought" I smile.

-

We make it to Toms house.

As I was about to walk onto his pathway he yanks me back. I look at him confused.

"Do you want parents?" He asks. Woah a bit personal that. "Yes" I say confused "Gennie I know what my next wish is" he says.

"Tell me what it before actually wishing it, don't wish for something you'll regret" I warn him "for you to have parents" he says.

My jaw drops a bit. "Don't waste your wishes on me" I say "cause I'll be gone when all your wishes are gone" I add on.

"Or will you" he says. "What?" He's really confusing me.

"Cause you're helping me out I'll use my last wish to set you free" he says. "Really?" I say excited, he nods "you will?" I say trying to make him confirm it.

I jump a little. I hug him tightly.

"So can I make my wish now?" He asks as I let go of the hug. "Yes" I say smiling.

"I wish for Gennie to have parents" he says. Snap. I look at Tom but he's not looking at me he's looking behind me. I turn around.

I take a deep breathe in. I can't believe it. I Look back at Tom.

I hug him. "Thank you so much" I say basically crying. I turn back to my parents.

"Gennie, honey" I think my dad says. I run up and hug them both.

"Gennie we've been looking for you everywhere" they say. What?

"Oh um I've been with Tom." I say confused. "You had us worried to death" my mum says. They begin to walk to the house next to Toms.

"We'll come in honey it's getting cold and dark" my mum says in a soft and caring tone. "Okay just let me get my shopping bags from Toms" I say.

"Okay" they go inside.

I turn to Tom "oh my God" I say.

A/N
OMG Gennie had parents now.
To be honest I don't know if I like her having parents at the minute but whateva.