Avoided

GENNIES POV

GENNIES POV

I've avoided going to school. I didn't want to see Tom right now or maybe at all. I still can't believe he would betray me like this. And over Laura! Now I'm in my room just waiting to go back into the lamp.

I suppose I've enjoyed my time here. The town was nice. I made friends with amazing people that I might never see again. I say might because I just a little hope that Tom will come to his senses and set me free.

I would have blocked him but I'm just waiting for a text that might say 'I'm gonna set you free' or something.

But this bitch has not tried to apologise, so far, at all.

No call. No text, and obviously not in person. Let's hope Bill might knock some sense into him.

It's scary knowing you're going to disappear and leave everyone you love. It's not like I can tell them. And if I did what could I say? "Oh yeah I'm a genie and I have to go back into a lamp so you'll probably never see me again"

Like no. It sounds crazy.

I remember how Tom first thought he was dreaming.

Okay I need to stop bringing him up. I'm mad at him right now. I have a right to be mad. He gave me hope of freedom then took it away. It's not like I can do anything I grant wishes, I don't make them.

My mum has been worried about me. Obviously, I can't tell her.

TOMS POV

It's been a couple of days and Gennie still hasn't came back to school. I know she's probably mad at me but um wait, let me think... okay never mind but still. I'll think of an excuse later.

Laura's always asking for things and I could just simply wish for the things she wants but I'm not fully sure I want to use my last wish on her.

I knew there was something off with Gennie recently, I think I finally figured out what it was. Laura.

I don't think she likes Laura that much and that's understandable. But that doesn't mean she had to be mad at me about it and now she's even more mad when I said I didn't know if I could set her free.

YeahYeah call me a dick whatever you want too.

Not a lot of people get an option to make wishes, I was lucky. I should wish wisely. There's a lot of things you can wish for.

I do feel bad though. I basically told her I would set her free then when the time comes I don't.

I'm walking home with Laura. She's coming to mine... again. Sometimes I wish she would go away.

We were in the living room, talking. She was talking about herself like per usual.

She was rambling on, I zoned out. Her voice was really annoying sometimes.

"So Tommm" she says, I look at her "mm" I hum, "when will you get me-" I cut her off, "do you even like me or are you just using me for stuff?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Of course I like you! Remember, I liked you before you became famous I was just scared of getting bullied. I've always liked you" she says smiling. "You say that.. every time, but this time I don't think I believe you" I say bluntly.

I see her smile fade. "Don't know what you want me to do about that" she says changing her time from high pitched to cold and deep. Well deeper than it was before.

"What can I do to make you believe me?" She asks now putting a smirk on her face. I shrug.

Laura crawls over to me. I pull a confused face. She sits on top of me, "um what are you doing?" I ask. She pouts at me. Laura begins to kiss me. I just go along with it.

I didn't really feel anything in the kiss.

No passion. No love. Nothing. It was plain.

As me and Laura carried on, for some reason I kept on imagining Gennie, which freaked me out. I tried shrugging it off, but every time I closed my eyes all I saw was her face.

I stopped kissing Laura. She looked confused. "I think you should leave" I say. I need time to think. "What? Why?" She says all whinny. "Because" I say pushing her off me.

We walk to the front door. I open it. "Also I don't want to see you" I say. "What do you mean?" She asks frowning. "I mean what I say" she walks about and I slam the door.

I rub my face with my hands, dragging them down. I sigh.

Maybe I should ask Bill for advice. I walk upstairs, into Bills room.

He had his back turned to me. He was putting away his clothes. Bill turns back around and jumps.

He screams. Bill puts his hand in his heart. "God time. You scared me" he says breathing heavily. "What's with you and not knocking" he says. I ignore him and sit on his bed.

"What you need?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "Advice" I say lying down. "What type of advice?" He asks. "Well um, so I ended things with Laura." I begin, "when?" He asks eagerly. "Just then" I say laughing. "Good. It should have been sooner. Actually it shouldn't have even happened in the first place" he says sassily. I laugh at his sassiness.

"As I was saying, I only ended things with her because I was like kissing her and I saw Gennie every time I closed my eyes" I kinda whisper the last part. Bills eyes widen.

"Oh" he says. A smirk forms on his face. "You know speaking of Gennie I haven't seen her in a while" he says. "I think she's been avoiding me to be honest" I say sighing.

"And why would she be avoiding you?" He asks. I stay quiet.

I can't exactly tell him why she is.

"Tom" he says sternly. I look over at him. "What did you do?" He asks. "Well I think I kinda made her upset" I say quietly.

"How did you 'kinda' make her upset?" He asks looking a slight bit mad. "I think because I was going out with Laura and him I kinda broke a promise that meant a lot to her" I say.

Okay, now saying it out loud I'm disappointed in myself.

"Have you tried to apologise to her?" Bill asks crossing his arms. I shake my head "no" I say. "Well apologies to her" he says. "How?" I ask.

"You're not stupid Tom.. well" he says. "But anyway you know how to apologise" he rolls his eyes. "I know but what do I say?" I ask.

"Say 'sorry I've been a dick to you and it's took a couple of days to realise it and apologise'" Bill says mimicking my voice.

-

It's now 10:32pm and I've still not apologised. I just don't know how.

I take my phone and call her.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

No answer.

At least she hasn't blocked me. I'll try again.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

Again, no answer.

Maybe I should just go over to her house.