She cancelled

TOMS POV

TOMS POV

School had finished and I was probably gonna get dressed for tonight.

I went home dragging Gennie with me so she could help me. It was quite obvious she wasn't too thrilled about Hailey asking if me and her could go out.

I don't think Gennie likes Hailey very much.

I dragged Gennie up the stairs, going to my room. I closed the door and turned around. I saw Gennie sitting on my bed with her arms crossed. She sighed.

"Well where are you going first?" She asks "um I don't know" I say slowly "I'll find out" I say reaching into my pocket ans grabbing my phone.

Just as I grab my phone I get a text from Hailey, I smile. She texted me about where we are going, what time and the address.

"Okay so I think I should wear something casual" I say "where are you going?" She says "the movies" I say "cool" she rolls her eyes.

She gets up off my bed and walks to my wardrobe, I follow her.

She starts to look through my clothes, while I just stand near by watching her. She grabs a white, plain shirt then another white shirt but this one had some designs on it. Gennie turns to me. She starts to walk to me.

"Hold these" She says giving me them. She walks back to the wardrobe. She grabs dark blue, baggy jeans. She folds them, letting them hang on her arm. Gennie grabs a black belt.

She walks back to me "okay put these on" she says, I nod. Gennie walks over to my bed sitting down, taking her phone out.

I walk into my bathroom.

I get changed and walk out of my bathroom when I walk out I see Gennie on the phone. She's laying on her stomach, swinging her feet. "I can't wait" she says to the person she's on the phone to.

She looks up at me, she smiles "okay got to go. See you later. Bye bye" she says ending the call.

"Who was that?" I ask her "Sandy" she replies rolling off my bed and getting up. Gennie walks over to where I hang my caps. She picks out a black cap. I walk over to her and she hands me the cap.

"Do I really need to change my cap?" I say whining a bit. "Yes" she says firmly, I sigh.

GENNIES POV

I sit on Toms bed as he walks into the bathroom to change. I pull out my phone. I might call Sandy.

I roll over, laying on my stomach. I dial sandys number. Three rings go by and then she finally answers.

"Hey" she says excitedly "hey, um I forgot who's house we're going to" I say "mine" she says "I'll text you my address" she adds on.

"I've never had a sleepover before," I begin to say. I kinda have had a sleepover but not a proper one. That's if you count living in Toms house for a bit a sleepover.

"Really? I love sleepovers" she says "yeah, what do you do at sleepovers?" I ask, curious. "Well you can do many different things at sleepovers but today I was thinking go to my house first to drop of your stuff then go to the mall then back to mine" she begins "my mum will make us something then we'll watch a movie oh and I'll show you all my fav magazines. Lindsay will bring some too" she rambled on.

"Mm what else" she says to herself "and I'll show you Britney Spears cause clearly you haven't lived" I laugh "whatevs" I say.

"Don't forget to send me your address" I say reminding her "I won't" she laughs "aright" i say.

"I can't wait" I say excited "Sames" she says. I feel that someone is in the room with me, I look up. It's Tom. I smile at him.

"Okay got to go. See you later. Bye bye" I say "bye" Sandy says extending the 'ye'. I end the call.

"Who was that?" He asks "Sandy" I say rolling of his bed and standing up.

I walk over to where he hangs his caps. I look closely, I pick out a black one that sorta matches his t-shirt design. I turn around and Toms behind me. I give him the cap.

"Do I really need to change my cap?" He says whining "yes" I say, he sighs. "It matches your design on your shirt" I say.

He walks into the bathroom, changing his cap. He walks out.

"See now you look less like a scrub" I joke "yeah, yeah whatever" he says smiling.

I get a text from Sandy. Probably her address. I'll read it later.

I look at Tom he's on his phone reading something. I can tell by the expression on his face that the text wasn't good.

"Tom, are you okay?" I ask worried. He doesn't respond he just looks up at me slowly. "What's wrong?" I ask "she cancelled" he says, his tone sad.

I knew it. I knew something was off but I couldn't say that now could I? How do comfort him? Does he even need comforting?

He walks over and sits on his bed. He rubs his face taking a breathe in. "You okay?" I say, what else could I say though. I'm not good at this.

I walk over and sit next to him. "I don't know" he says "why don't you try to reschedule it?" I suggest even though I really hate Hailey I just want Tom to be happy.

"That could work" he says starting to text her. "Why did she cancel it?" I ask "I don't know she just said she had to" he says I nod.

I know what this girl is doing. She's playing Tom. That bitch. Now I could tell Tom but he might have one of his little out bursts again because I don't think he can handle the truth about her.

I mean if you love someone I guess you create such a perfect image of them that they can't do anything wrong.

"She says she couldn't reschedule" he says "could I possibly wish for her to uncancel?" He asks "I don't know" I say "I don't think so" I bite my inner cheek.

He sighs. I didn't know what to do. Should I hug him? Maybe I should.

Okay so maybe I'm not hugging him to comfort him maybe it's more because I want to but oh well.

I wrap my arms around his neck hugging him. "Maybe next time" I say to him. To slowly puts his arms around my waist hugging me back. "Maybe" he say his words a bit muffled since his head is in my chest.