1. My what?

I heard the alarm go off, but I didn't care. I rolled over and cuddled up to my pillow. School could wait a few more minutes, or so I thought before my phone started ringing.

I grabbed for it lazily with my eyes still closed and most of my face covered by a pillow. "Hello?"

"Hello?" It was a girl's voice I didn't recognize. "Who is this?"

"Who is this?" I mumbled. "You called me." I was at max comfort, the sheets and blanket wrapped around me and didn't want to budge.

She huffed sounding aggravated and then there was silence. I guess she hung up. I groaned my head hurting for some reason. I rubbed my forehead and caught my hand on a bandage.

What the...?

I pulled at it but it was pretty tight. I kicked the covers off me and scraped my hair off my sweaty neck. I was burning up all of a sudden.

I sat up in bed and patted the bandage wondering where the heck it came from when I was startled by a guy's voice. "I was wondering when you'd be up sleepyhead."

My eyes shot up and looked around the room quickly. I actually wasn't in my room after all. I was in, well, someone else's.

"I'll be out in a minute, alright? I just need to finish brushing my teeth." I tilted my head to the side so I could see where the voice was coming from. The voice traveled from the room across the hall.

I hurried out of bed my foot getting caught in the sheets and I fell to the floor with a loud thump. I added a throbbing knee to the list of things that hurt now including my head.

I yanked the sheet away; my heart racing and scavenged the floor for clothes. Somehow I ended up in just my underwear and t-shirt so big on my petite frame it was like a dress.

The guy in the bathroom kept talking as I found a pair of jeans on the floor and pulled them on. They were also big on me, but that seemed like the least of my worries.

I had no idea where I was or who he was or anything and it was really starting to freak me out. Things like this didn't happen to me. I was normal, boring, and now I was in this mess.

"Almost done, Peyton." He said and I almost froze. He knew my name. What was going on? Had we hooked up? How did I not remember this?

I hurried quietly out of the room shoving my phone in my pocket. I walked past what appeared to be the bathroom where I could see a tall guy leaning over the sink as he flossed.

His back was to me while he looked into the mirror. I hurried past the room and opened the front door which turned out to be a closet full of coats and sweaters.

Panicking at this point I tried for the next door, rushing and nearly falling in the process. I came out into a hallway with other doors labeled with numbers. It was either apartments or a hotel. I didn't have time to stop and find out. I needed to getaway.

The door slammed shut behind me nearly scaring the crap out of me, and before I could think I was running down the hallway. I had no clue where I was going, but my legs kept pumping.

I put my hand up to the bandage on my head. My head and chest were both throbbing, and I was getting a little nauseous. I felt like I'd been hit by a semi-truck or something. I needed to slow down but I couldn't. I was too scared to.

I heard a ding and knew exactly where it was coming from. I nearly collapsed the minute I got to the elevator. I pressed every and any button on it and tried to soothe my ringing heart with slow breaths.

"Peyton!" I heard that guy's voice again, and then I could see him. His dark brown hair was spilling into his eyes as he tried to catch his breath, and then I couldn't see him anymore.