35. Stay

"So here we are." Jamie gestured to my hotel room door, handing me the keys.

This was the first time we really got to talk again since our make-out session in his office earlier. It had been a couple of hours. Once we went downstairs to the white party his father had him make a toast, and mingle with him. When his father finally let him go he was bombarded with people wanting to take pictures with him and talk his head off.

When people started leaving he took it as an out. He grabbed my hand and led me upstairs. We took an elevator up to the second to top suit.

"So my dad says that he will acknowledge our marriage if we actually have a ceremony." He was putting the key to the door now. He opened it and held it open for me to go in.

I turned around noticing he stayed in the hall. "Are you not coming in?"

"That was one of his stipulations. He said we would need to have a ceremony and not have any premarital sex before then. He's old fashioned, but he said as long as you have your own suit it should be okay."

"Oh okay," I said looking around at the queen size bed and my suitcase on the dresser beside it. "I guess this is goodbye for now?"

He shut the door as he was leaving. I wondered if he had even heard me. I sat down on the bed and looked around. I couldn't believe I was in Boston.

Then I decided to go ahead and dig through my suitcase and get dressed in pajamas for bed. While I was brushing my hair there was a knock at the door. It had only been about twenty minutes since Jamie left. I walked over and answered. It was Jamie but he was now also in pajamas and slippers.

"What're you doing?" I giggled.

"I don't want to say goodbye." He said. I guess he had heard me after all.

"What about what your dad said?"

"He didn't say we couldn't cuddle." He smiled. "Besides it's none of his business what I do with my wife."

He walked into the room and shut the door behind him. He walked right up to me and wrapped his arms around me. "I've missed this so much."

"Me too." I felt so safe and warm in his arms.

When he released me he kissed me on the forehead. "I guess we should get in bed?"

My heartbeat quickened. I thought of earlier how we got lost in each other making out. I was nearly ripping the buttons off his shirt, feeling like I couldn't get him close enough to me.

I felt like if we got in bed and he kissed me like that again I would let him do more. I hadn't realized that I felt ready for that. Every kiss and touch with him just felt amazing.

I was still beyond nervous though. I rounded the other side of the bed and got in under the blanket and sheet. We laid our head on the pillows and silence fell over us. We just kind of looked into each other's eyes and listened to our breaths.

"Pey," He sounded breathless even though there was no reason for him to be. He was looking at me smiling. "I love you."

I stared at him trying to process that while the butterflies in my stomach turned into wasp. "I love you too."

His hand searched out my face. His fingers ran lightly across my cheek, it felt so nice I closed my eyes.

His fingers then stopped. His hand was cupping my jaw. It felt so warm under his touch.

I opened my eyes just to see his eyes were shut. His breathing was light. He had fallen asleep.

I cuddled up to him and closed my eyes again.