34. Own design

When I got off the plane I was a little lost at the airport but Jamie was there to pick me up like he said he would be and that relieved my anxiety.

When I got into the car I noticed he was in white pants and a white t-shirt, and a white suit jacket. "Wow already ready."

"Yeah, it already started."

I looked down at my jeans and a back home local band Riptide Fate T-shirt. "Uh, I don't think I own any white clothes and all I brought was this small suitcase with clothes for today and tomorrow."

He smirked. "Don't worry. I have you covered."

His smile made my heart go wild. I had forgotten how amazing it felt to be near him. I hoped that if that stuff came up it wouldn't be awkward. At the moment everything seemed to be going smoothly.

He took me to this parlor downtown called Fermore. We were only inside for a few minutes when a lady in an all lavender floral dress emerged from the back. "This is Elle Fermore. This is her boutique. She designs dresses."

"Oh, Jamison. Is this your beautiful bride?"

I looked between him and her. She was smiling. Teeth showing through her red lips. "Yes. This is Peyton. She drew the design I gave you."

She looked right at me. "It was amazing. It turned out quite well."

I wasn't sure what she meant. "I'm flattered you like my drawing."

"Now," She said and went back into the back room just to emerge with a dress. "How about you try it on."

I was blown away, but I followed her to the dressing room and put the dress on. It was just like the design I had drawn a while ago. Ribboned waist and all. I could cry how happy I was seeing something I doodled come to life.

She helped lace up the back of my dress and had me spin around. "You look beautiful."

"But how did you know?" I was so surprised.

"Jamison showed me your drawing and he got measurements from your friend. He wanted to surprise you." Elle smiled and handed me white pumps.

"Well, I'm definitely surprised." I slipped the pumps on. I had never really worn heels so I was really nervous about falling. I walked out of the dressing room the best I could and nearly fell.

Jamie caught me and Elle hurried into the back. She returned with a pair of white sparkly flats. "Here try these instead."

"Oh, thanks." I traded out the pumps for the flats.

"Have fun you two," Elle said as we were leaving.

On the way to the white party, I couldn't stop raving about the dress. I mean it used to be a doodle on the margins of my math homework and now it was on me. I was literally wearing my own design and I just felt so honored.

"I told you your work was good. You should go back and see Elle some time. You could learn a thing or two and make something out of your talent."

I looked over at him. I had never thought that my dress sketches would become anything. I never really thought that I would become anything either really.

I wasn't even sure what I wanted to do with my life before Jamie and now creating my own designs and seeing them come to life seemed like a real option. I couldn't wait to show you the things I drew in the book he gave me either.

I hadn't realized we were already at our destination until Jamie was getting out and opening my door for me. He took my hand and led me past car after car to go up these wide concrete steps to this tall building that was almost glittering in the sunlight, it almost had a reflective rainbow design to the glass. All the lights inside seemed to be on and I could hear talking as we grew closer.