Chapter 9

Duan JiaYan couldn’t be bothered with him. Just as he was about to tell him to get lost, a surge of electricity coursed through his body.

The irritation which spread from his spine made him felt extremely sore. Duan JiaYan’s breathing also got a lot faster, his pale neck becoming as red as peach blossoms.

The pheromones from his body bared their fangs and spread out, the scent both sweet and without restraint, like a newly sprouted bud.

Duan JIaYan’s pheromones were too intense. Lu XingCi got so stimulated by him that the horrible possessiveness from his Alpha bone couldn’t help rearing its head. His gaze unconsciously swept across Duan JiaYan’s nape.

It looked so fair.

His instincts told him this was an Omega that has never been marked. It was as if a button was pressed in his head, the urge to possess the other person was madly coursing through his veins.

Lu XingCi averted his eyes and asked hesitantly, “Are you…?”

It was still pretty tolerable when he wasn’t talking. The moment he spoke, the aura that belonged solely to an Alpha become all the more prominent. Duan JiaYan suppressed the wave of desire that came over him.

“I’m going to the washroom,” after throwing that sentence out, Duan JiaYan immediately made his way to the washroom.

“Wait,” Seeing Duan JiaYan stopping in his steps, Lu XingCi paused for a moment before continuing, his voice a little hoarser than it was before. “I’ll accompany you.”

Duan JIaYan knows it was a dangerous period for him right now, so walking alone might not be the best idea. It will be safer walking with an Alpha. Without caring too much about anything else, he quickly nodded his head.

Lu XingCi followed behind him, the two of them maintaining a safe distance of one metre.

But even so, the pheromones from the people they met along the way did not have as strong a presence as the person behind him. That sort of terrifying, difficult to deny attraction is making Duan JiaYan’s entire body giddy, he unsteadily made his way to the washroom and even stumbled a little when pushing the door open.

He had only just presented and his heats were still irregular. As a precaution, Fu Yuan would also remind him to bring along an inhibitor.

Duan JiaYan dug out his inhibitor from his pocket and sighed in relief. Thankfully he listened to his mother’s words and it actually worked out.

After Duan JiaYan took the inhibitor out, he puzzled over how to use the item and it slipped from his hands, dropping to the ground.

Duan JiaYan angrily muttered under his breath. Bending over, he picked the inhibitor up.

Lu XingCi, who was standing on the other side of the wall heard him and asked if everything was okay. Duan JiaYan vaguely reassured him that everything was fine.

Lu XingCi waited a long while for Duan JiaYan to use the inhibitor but the Omega pheromones in the air were not going away. In fact, it was getting even stronger. He couldn’t help asking, “Are you done?”

“I’ve no idea how to use this,” Duan JiaYan’s voice carried hints of hesitance and desapir. “Why won’t this cap open?”

Isn’t it because you don’t have any strength right now?

“Pass the inhibitor to me.”

“How am I supposed to do that?”

“……” Lu XingCi was originally becoming quite short tempered by Duan JiaYan’s pheromones and was caught off guard by the silly question. Thanks to that his short temper got better and he laughed, “Open the door and stick your hand out? Open a small gap for me.”