Chapter 28

Duan Jiayan hadn’t expected that even after a night had passed, the forum thread would still be hanging out on the homepage, and it seemed to be getting even more popular.

When waking up, he seemed to feel a little weak, his limbs somewhat numb. Song Yi took a serious sniff as he was getting out of bed and turned to him, “Xiao Duan, I seem to be able to smell your pheromones. Could it be…?”

Duan Jiayan gave a vague mumble in response.

According to his schedule, his heat should be around the corner. Even if he wasn’t exhibiting any symptoms yet, it is still better to err on the side of caution. Duan Jiayan gave himself a shot of the inhibitor.

After the shot, he started scrolling through his phone out of habit. Quite a few guys that he had a good relationship with sent him messages asking about the forum thread, including Shen Chilie.

Shen Chilie, [Son! You actually really got together with Lu Xingci? Father is a little intimidated by this strong partner you have found.]

Duan Jiayan’s eyelid twitched. He was still a little groggy from sleep, and after seeing Shen Chilie wanting to be his father so early in the morning, he cleanly replied to him with a ‘Get lost.’

Shen Chilie, [I can get lost, but before that, Father needs to clarify, is Lu Xingci my daughter-in-law?]

Duan Jiayan, [He’s your godfather.]

Shen Chilie, [……]

Duan Jiayan, [Do you think that you and I will one day break through the barrier of friendship and walk hand in hand down a wedding aisle?]

Shen Chilie, [Turns out you actually have these kinds of wild thoughts about me.]

Duan Jiayan was about to be angered to the point of laughing by him. He snorted and replied, [The kind of relationship we have, is the kind of relationship I have with him.]

After replying to the message, Duan Jiayan got off his bed.

After not getting a good night’s sleep, his whole being was unenergetic. Perhaps it was his misconception but on the way from his dormitory to the classroom, Duan Jiayan felt that quite a number of people were looking at him. This feeling peaked when he entered the classroom.

It was currently Chinese self-study lesson. The teacher was not around and it was up to the students to revise by themselves. When Duan Jiayan entered the classroom, he saw with his own eyes the female student sitting by the classroom door dropping her textbook after she noticed his presence.

The female student then tried to secretly jab her table buddy, speaking in a voice she thought was quiet, “Quickly look! It’s Duan Jiayan!”

Duan Jiayan, “……”

Duan Jiayan thought, “Is this the first time you’re seeing me?”

He walked to his table and just as he sat down, a male student came running over to look for Lu Xingci to borrow his chemistry assignment.

“Lu-ge! Lu-baba!” The male student wailed like a ghost. “Where is your chemistry homework? Quickly save me, the next lesson is chemistry!”

Their chemistry teacher was extremely temperamental. If their student was not done with their assignment, they might just punish them to stand outside the classroom for the entire lesson.

Duan Jiayan casually asked, “There’s chemistry homework yesterday? I want to copy it too.”

As he spoke, he turned to face Lu Xingci who sat behind him out of habit. The guy behind him was just throwing his assignment on the table and cocked his chin, indicating to the male student to take it.