Chapter 40

Lu Xingci’s voice was not very loud, but those around him still heard it loud and clear.

Song Yi’s gaze went from Lu Xingci to Duan Jiayan. The latter looked to be in a daze, before shooting Lu Xingci a smile, “Really? It’s a little embarrassing.”

Even though he said he was embarrassed, there was still a gleeful smile on his face, not at all looking like how someone that is embarrassed should.

Just then, the bell for the night self-study rang.

Duan Jiayan suddenly remembered something and turned to Lu Xingci and Chen Yue.

“Are you free this Friday night? It’s my birthday and I’d like to treat you guys to a meal.” He paused. “There’s a theme park that recently opened up for their winter wonderland, it sounds pretty fun. I’m thinking we can go check it out after dinner, will you guys be free?”

The math teacher entered the classroom and signalled for the students in the class to settle down. He spotted Duan Jiayan chatting with his back turned towards him and was just about to call him out.

“I do.” Lu Xingci reminded him, “The teacher is looking at you.”

Duan Jiayan hurriedly turned around.

Chen Yue, “I do! How old will you be? 17?”

Duan Jiayan nodded and inched his chair backwards, wanting to continue chatting softly.

Chen Yue, “After one more year, you’ll be old enough to get married.”

According to the law, omegas can get married after they reach 18 years old, while alphas will have to wait a little longer and can only get married after they turn 20.

Lu Xingci cut in seemingly nonchalantly, “Why do you need to get married so quickly?”

Chen Yue rubbed his chin, and laughed evilly, “That’s right, no matter what we still have to wait till we’re 20 to be able to consider these big life decisions.”

Chen Yue placed a lot of emphasis on the word ‘wait’, Lu Xingci heard it and laughed along while giving Chen Yue a sidewise look.

Duan Jiayan tilted his head towards the two who were laughing behind him for seemingly no rhyme or reason, “20 years old is pretty early too, it’s better to wait till you’re after 20 to consider.”

Lu Xingci had no objections to that and agreed, “That’s fine too.”

Song Yi, “……”

Song Yi’s feelings were very complex.

For the past few years, Duan Jiayan had always celebrated it with Song Yi and Shen Chilie.

Ever since Fu Yuan remarried, Duan Jiayan has stopped spending his birthday with her. One reason was that Fu Yuan was always busy because of work, the second reason was that with Fu Yuan’s new marriage, celebrating with her would mean having to spend it with He Cheng and He Yunsheng too, and he was not close to his step-father and brother.

What surprised him was that, on the night of his birthday, he received a call from He Yunsheng.

The kid should have just been released from school and was enthusiastically wishing him a happy birthday. Duan Jiayan never thought that He Yunsheng would remember his birthday. He chatted with He Yunsheng for a moment before happily hanging up.

For convenience, when they were close to reaching the theme park, Duan Jiayan found a reputable Hunan restaurant nearby.

Advertisements

Seeing Duan Jiayan ordering the dishes, Zhou Xingchen could not resist asking, “Duan Jiayan, are you a Southerner or Northerner?”

Duan Jiayan asked strangely, “Isn’t Ning City in the North?”