Chapter 50

His volume when speaking was not high, his pitch slightly raised at the end. It was a lazy way of speaking.

To Duan Jiayan, his question was akin to rumbling thunder and in the silent night, it had the effect of making one’s scalp tingle.

The heater was on in his house and so the clothes Duan Jiayan wore was very thin. When his leg rubbed against the blanket, he seemed to be able to feel the other’s body under the blanket.

An alpha’s body was lean and strong, Duan Jiayan sat on him and could only feel that the other’s body was very sturdy. The fingers around his waist were also slender and strong.

His waist felt itchy.

What’s more, this was a form of attack he had never experienced before. With the other’s ever-present pheromones, he could feel his ears getting hotter.

He was clearly in his own home but Duan Jiayan somehow felt entirely uncomfortable. He struggled for a bit and inched backwards, wanting to get off Lu Xingci’s body.

Feeling his resistance, traces of displeasure flashed across the alpha’s originally lazily-raised eyebrows.

He narrowed his eyes before cooperatively loosening his arms and letting Duan Jiayan go.

Duan Jiayan recovered from his embarrassment after he finally stepped into his slippers. He stared at Lu Xingci incredulously, “You were pretending to sleep?”

“I was sleeping at first, I woke up the moment you opened the door,” The boy laid his fingers on his forehead and casually rubbed the messed up hair on his forehead. “I wanted to see what you were going to do.”

“……”

“You sure can praise someone,” Seeing Duan Jiayan not saying anything, he smiled. “If only you didn’t call me a pig, that’ll make it even better.”

“I take back what I said,” Duan Jiayan stared at the other’s slightly curved lips and the feeling of being parched seemed to return. He unconsciously swallowed his saliva, wanting to swallow the uncomfortable feeling down. “Not only do you not recognise a bed, you also have unbelievable acting skills. How can that animal compare to you?”

“What about you?” Lu Xingci propped himself up and lazily asked, “You’re able to recognise a bed?”

Duan Jiayan stared at him for a while.

He did not realise it but he was showing a somewhat lost and dazed expression at Lu Xingci.

“Are you not used to it?”

The boy’s tone was mild, but he could accurately guess the reason for his insomnia.

No matter what, Fu Yuan had left today. It did indeed leave an impression on him, add on to that the fact that Lu Xingci is sleeping in his family’s living room……

Duan Jiayan hesitated for a second before nodding.

With him agreeing so obediently, even though Lu Xingci knew he meant nothing by it, Duan Jiayan’s appearance at that point in time was still especially bewildering.

Lu Xingci looked at him for a moment before quietly sighing.

He leaned towards Duan Jiayan and laughed softly, “Want to watch a movie? You’ll fall asleep from being bored after watching it for a while.”

Duan Jiayan felt that the suggestion was not bad.

Advertisements

“En.” He asked, “Are you watching?”