Chapter 70

The countdown to the college entrance examination was posted in front of the walls of Class 10. As the numbers slowly decreased, the days seemed to go by faster and faster.

The teachers of each subject assigned mountains of winter vacation homework, and the last vacation of the third year of high school was only for a measly ten days.

In the evening, Lu Xingci came back from school just in time to see old lady Lu return from Jingshan Hutong for the weekend.

Seeing him come back, the old lady called him over. Jiang Yao also got up with a smile: “You’re back at last, grandma has been waiting for you at home all afternoon.”

The old lady watched him come over and made a visual observation: “I haven’t seen you for half a month, has our Xingci grown taller again?”

Jiang Yao also looked at him: “He seems to be a little taller, I can only look up to see him now.”

The old lady nodded with satisfaction, and asked him again: “How many days is this holiday?”

“Ten days.” Lu Xingci answered, then looking at the elegant clothing on her body, he said: “You look good in this color and it complements your complexion.”

“You and your mother, both said the same.” The old lady smiled, and then frowned slightly: “This holiday is too short, the Lantern Festival….”

“It’s always like this in the third year of high school. I heard someone say that their child’s school is only closed for a week.” Jiang Yao said, then whispered to the housekeeping aunty next to her: “Go and inform Mr. Lu, ask him to come down for dinner.”

Lu Xingci heard her words and raised his head: “Dad is home so early?”

“Just a little free time today. You definitely won’t see him in a few days.” Jiang Yao said with a smile, “Your father and your grandmother were waiting for you to come back for dinner.”

It was rare for the family to be gathered together at the dinner table, but it was inevitable at the time of this year’s college entrance examination.

Lu Hongchuan was the first to say: “It’s better to work hard at the present time. When you think about this in the future, you won’t have any regrets for yourself.”

“I’m not to worried, having taken so many exams since childhood, which time did you not work hard?”

“I don’t usually see dad very often, and as soon as I meet him, he talks to me about the college entrance examination.” Lu Xing joked half-truthfully: “It gives me quite a bit of stress.”

When the old lady heard this, she looked at Lu Hongchuan: “You are in such a hurry, why don’t you take the college entrance examination yourself?”

Lu Hongchuan was speechless, and Jiang Yao smiled to even up the field: “Whatever you do in the test, just try your best.”

“That won’t work either.” Lu Xingci said: “Dad said that if I do well in the test, he will buy a house near the university and give it to me. If I want to move out of the university, I still have to do better in the test.”

Lu Hongchuan glanced at him, and smiled: “I wanted to ask you last time, are you planning to move out alone?”

Lu Xingci looked at him for a few seconds, and smiled.

Jiang Yao saw that their father and son tacit understanding, and took the initiative to bring up the topic: “How is Jiayan’s review coming along?”

Lu Xingci: “He should be able to perform well, he did good enough in the model test.”

Jiang Yao: “There is hardly any time left, you help him so that he doesn’t have too much pressure. If he really doesn’t perform well, our family can…”