Chapter 44

Compared to the monthly test, the results for the city entrance examination took a little longer to be released.

After a week had passed, on Monday morning, Duan Jiayan arrived at school and saw the academic committee member discussing the exam results with her deskmate.

He asked, “Are the results out yet?”

She turned her head around and spoke anxiously, “It’s out. My god…the class monitor’s score this time is truly terrifying. It seemed like he only lost a little more marks in the language paper, he got almost perfect marks for every other subject.”

Her deskmate chimed in, “The second place is in Ning High, and they scored 30 marks lower than class monitor. I heard that the brothers over there are questioning their life right now.”

Even though Duan Jiayan had never placed much emphasis on exam results, he still felt amazed listening to all this.

Just then someone opened the classroom door.

Zhou Xingchen and Lu Xingci walked in one by one and the classroom instantly got noisier.

All of a sudden, someone suddenly slammed on the table and cried, “Lu-ge, accept me as your disciple!”

“726, even if I copy someone I wouldn’t be able to get such a score.”

“Seriously. Just now someone asked me if our school’s Lu Xingci is a robot. Without speaking, I immediately sent him a photo and asked if he had seen such a handsome robot before?”

“Duan Duan!” With all the noise around him, Zhou Xingchen shouted at the top of his lungs. “You’ve placed around the 500th place!”

There were more than a thousand students in the second year. Song Yi was originally dozing off but he was immediately awake after hearing that, “F*ck?”

Duan Jiayan was also in disbelief. The academic committee member turned around, “508th place! I almost forgot to tell you, I saw your scores on the way to the office this morning.”

Duan Jiayan gave an “Ah.”

And gave another “Ah.”

He suddenly slammed a hand on the table, pure joy evident on his face as he looked at her, “Seriously?”

She immediately nodded, “I’m very serious! Congratulations! You made a really big improvement this time!”

Duan Jiayan also felt like his improvement was very impressive. He wanted to say a little more when a boy that was passing by him patted him on the shoulder.

“Congratulations,” Lu Xingci said. “You did well.”

Duan Jiayan turned as Lu Xingci sat down, his amber eyes beaming.

Seeing even his eyes curving into a smile, Lu Xingci smiled along, “Very happy?”

Duan Jiayan aggressively nodded. He still wanted to say more when Zhao Minjun entered the classroom.

She waved everyone to sit down before casting everyone’s score on the screen.

“Our class’ overall score is still pretty good for this examination,” Zhao Minjun said. “Aside from a few students who did not do so well, most of the students here exceeded my expectations with their scores.”

Advertisements

She called out a few of the top students in the class and praised them. Thereafter she said, “There are also some students here who made incredible improvements. Zhou Xingchen, Hu Hao, Li Sixin… and Duan Jiayan.”