06

Cameron: I showed up to the studio the next morning, ready to record this song. I had never even heard of Daisy Jones, none of us had.

Interviewer: You said you also sang, right? How did you feel when Teddy brought Daisy in to sing instead of you?

Cameron [shrugs]: On our first album, most of what I did was just backing vocals. My main thing was being the guitarist. Besides, Daisy Jones was a star. She had a great voice. Her voice just sounded better with Billy's than mine did, she completed the song.

Billy wasn't very thrilled about having Daisy on the track. That's the thing about Billy Dunne, he liked to be in control. Daisy challenged him.

"Hi," Daisy said, walking into the studio, "I really like your song."

The first thing I noticed about Daisy was her outfit. She was wearing a white button down shirt as a dress. No pants.

"We're thrilled to have you here," I said, sticking my hand out to Daisy.

Billy: Well, some of us were thrilled.

Cameron: The rest of the band walked behind the glass, leaving Billy and Daisy to record.

"Did you wanna talk through the song first, or...?" Billy asked the redhead.

"Oh no, I'm fine. Unless there's something you wanna talk about." Daisy said.

"I'm fine." Billy replied, cutting her off.

Daisy started adjusting her volume, she was all over the place.

"Has she ever recorded before?" Graham asked. I was pretty sure she hadn't.

"She's about to," Warren said.

"And where are her pants?" Eddie finally asked.

"Who cares?" Warren said, not taking his eyes off of Daisy.

"Shut up," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Alright, Honeycomb. Take one." Teddy said, talking to them through the microphone.

The background music started to play and Billy started to sing his verse. Daisy immediately stopped him.

"Do we need the audience?" She asked.

"You mean the band?" Billy asked, confused.

"Is she talking about us?" I asked, looking around at the other four.

"It's our song," Warren said, almost laughing.

"They're kinda just looking right at me," Daisy said, motioning to where we stood behind the glass.

"Yeah, why don't we just give her some space?" Karen said, pushing the boys out of the studio. Karen shut the door after them, leaving only me and her in the studio. I smiled at Daisy, she smiled back.

"Honeycomb. Take two." Teddy said.

The music started again and Billy started singing his verse again. Daisy joined in later, she sounded great. Then they got to the chorus. They weren't singing the same thing anymore, Daisy changed the lyrics.

[laughs] Daisy changed the fucking lyrics.

"Can we stop?" Billy asked. Teddy paused the music as the pair took off their headphones. "Those aren't the lyrics. Do you need to see them?"

"I know what the lyrics are." Daisy said, looking confused.

"Well then why aren't you singing them?" He asked, clearly pissed off.

"I am." Daisy replied, pulling out her notebook, showing Billy the lyrics that she wrote. "I'm confused, did he not get this?" Daisy asked Teddy.

"The fuck is this, Teddy?" Billy asked.

"Billy, why don't give her version a go?" Teddy suggested.

"Her version is a completely different song." Billy argued.

"What do you think the song is about?" Daisy asked, turning back towards Billy.

"Are you asking me what I think the song that I wrote is about?" Billy said, annoyed. "It's about starting a new life, it's about redemption."

"Redemption from what?" Daisy asked.

"From letting people down."

"So it's about guilt?" Daisy said.

Daisy wasn't wrong, the song really was about guilt. That's just not how Billy wanted to see it.

"No, it's not about guilt." Billy fought.

"I'm just trying to get us on the same page and understand this better. I'm assuming this is about you? So, you let someone down. Now you're saying that everything's fine. Look at us now." Daisy said, shaking her head. "I don't believe it. It sounds honest, it sounds simple. I don't know you very well, but you don't seem simple."

I shook my head from behind the glass, laughing. It was very entertaining seeing them fight.

"And why is it called 'Honeycomb'? You know that's a Ricky Nelson song, right?" Daisy asked.

"If you don't like the song, why are you here?" Billy asked.

"Oh, I love the song. I think it's great. You wrote a speech, Billy, when at the very least I think it could be a conversation." After that, Billy stormed out of the room.

"What the hell?" Billy asked Teddy, he was fuming. "I'm either gonna kill her, you, or myself. Where do you think I should start? We need a minute, thanks." Billy said as Daisy approached.

"Is this the part where the men figure out the solution?" Daisy asked.

I laughed again. I knew I was going to like her.

"First we just let Billy back in like it's nothing, now he's got us singing songs with some chick?" Eddie asked the other guys as Karen and I walked back over to the rest of the band.

"Who are you calling a chick?" Karen asked, "I'm a chick, Cameron's a chick."

"Yeah, but not really." Eddie said, looking back and forth between the two of us.

A while later, Billy and Daisy were going to try to record the song again. Teddy told Billy that there was something wrong with his microphone, he would have to share with Daisy. [laughs] There was never anything wrong with Billy's microphone. Teddy wanted to ease all the tension, that son of a bitch.