08

Cameron: We had the number one song in the country. But it wasn't just our song, it was Daisy Jones' song too.

"It wouldn't be the craziest thing to have Daisy join the band, right?" I asked as Warren and I approached Billy and Camila's house.

"Billy won't let that happen," Warren told me.

"Who gives a fuck what Billy thinks? What do you think?"

"It wouldn't be the worst idea." Warren said, shrugging, as I knocked on the Dunne's front door.

"Come on in!" Camila said, greeting us with a hug.

"I told you we should've left later," Warren mumbled to me.

"Well thank God you're here now because I am nowhere near ready," Camila said, handing us some table cloths. "Put rocks on these otherwise they'll just turn into kites."

Warren and I took the table cloths, starting to walk out to set them up. Camila grabbed my arm, dragging me back to her.

"So," Camila said with a smile on her face, "What's going on with you and Warren?"

"What? There is nothing going on." I insisted, but Camila just gave me this look. It was impossible to lie to her.

"You should talk to him," Camila suggested, "Tonight."

"Tonight? I should talk to him? Here, at the party? I'll just make things complicated." I sighed, Camila just laughed at me.

Warren: Camila was always good at knowing exactly how you were feeling. She could see right through you.

Cameron: It was a house party. There were drugs and alcohol everywhere. I liked to convince myself that I didn't have a problem, but I did. Looking back at it, I was taking something everyday. That night, I was taking everything in sight. I don't remember much of the actual party.

I do remember seeing Warren with some other girls at the party though, and for some reason, I was jealous. We were a rock band in the 70s, everyone was hooking up with groupies. I don't know why this felt so different. I remember going to get some more whiskey after that.

Warren: At some point, Camila talked some sense into me.

"So, you and Cameron?" She asked, finding me at the bar.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said, brushing her off.

"I think you should tell her how you feel. Cameron's not just a random groupie at an after party, or some girl you met tonight. I can see it on your face, Warren, you love her."

Like I said, Camila could see right through you.

Cameron: The power went out, Camila started handing out candles for us to light. I was completely shit faced at that point.

"Think they have more whiskey?" I asked Warren, my words slurring together.

"Cam, I think you've had enough," Warren said, grabbing onto my arm to sit my back down. "Let's get you some water instead."

The water did help sober me up a little bit.

Warren: I could've told her how I felt right then, gotten it off my chest. She wouldn't have remembered it, and we could just move past it. I realized that I wanted Cameron to know, I was really in love with her.

"Alright, let's get you home." I told her, helping her up. I wrapped my arm around her to help her keep her balance, I'm pretty sure she would've just fallen straight over.

Cameron: I was starting to come down from my high now. Warren was helping me get back to the house, which I didn't fight him on.

"Hey, you know what we haven't done in a while?" I said, my words still slightly slurred together.

"Uh, what?" Warren asked, giving me a confused look.

"Smoked a joint and listened to some records."

So that's exactly what we did that night. We went up to my room, smoked a joint, and listened to some records. We were just laughing, having fun with each other. Warren stopped laughing, just giving me this strange look.

Warren: I kissed her.

Cameron: He kissed me, and I kissed him back.

Warren: I'm pretty sure we were listening to 'I Need You' by America and George Martin. She really loved that song. [smiles].

Cameron: It wasn't just one kiss. One thing leads to another and... You probably don't want to hear this.

Interviewer: Thank you.

Warren: The sex was great.

Cameron: The next morning, Karen was already up and in the kitchen.

"Had a fun night?" She asked, smirking at me as I came into the kitchen as well.

"I don't know what you mean," I told her, starting to smile as well. Karen laughed at me.

Graham: I lost twenty five dollars to Karen that day.

Karen: I knew it was going to happen eventually.

Cameron: Wait, they were betting on us?