20

Rod: Next morning, we're waiting on the bus.

Karen: I remember thinking that it would be okay. We'd been through hell, but we were on the other side of it now.

Rod: I'm trying to figure out how to tell everybody that Daisy's leaving. Then I see Eddie.

Eddie walked out of the hotel, towards the bus, suitcases with him. He looked over at the bus, giving Warren a thumbs up before he climbed into a taxi.

Graham came next, eyes meeting Karen's. He dropped his guitar off at the foot of the bus, walking away.

Cameron sat in her hotel room, wiping away the last of her tears. She grabbed her guitar and the rest of her suitcases, leaving the hotel. She looked towards Warren, giving him a soft smile, before walking off like the previous two.

Rod: The irony is, the chosen ones never know that they are chosen.

Karen: I wanted to be a rock and roll star, to travel the world and play music for strangers. And that's what I did, that's what I still do.

Graham: I moved back home, to Hazelwood, I fell in love, started a family. I've got a wife and kids now, who are my whole world. I've got Karen to thank for that. I'd probably still be pining after her if she hadn't been brutally honest with me that night.

Karen: I told him what he needed to hear, but I wasn't being honest with him.

Eddie: I went and formed my own band. We weren't bad, just, you know. I'm still playing gigs.

Warren: I've been a session drummer for years now. I mean I've been on some records, you know? Classics. Cameron. I, uh, yeah. I miss her.

Rod: I quit the business once and for all after that. I was heartbroken when they fell apart, more than I had been with any other band. I didn't think I could take another blow, you know? Get your heart broken enough times, you stop falling in love. Except, no, you don't, but that's another story.

Cameron: I went to rehab after that, I got clean back in '80, haven't turned back since. I'm still singing now, I've put out a few more albums since. I've toured a couple times too. I got married, I have a daughter now.

What I told Warren that night, that was the truth. I think I have Warren to thank for all of this now. He gave me so much, and I couldn't give him enough back. I didn't deserve someone like him, he needed someone better than me.

Interviewer: Do you still love him?

Cameron [smiles sadly]: I think a part of me always will. But when you love someone enough, you learn to let them go.

Warren: I'm happy for her, she really turned her life around. She's still putting albums out, going on tours, doing just as good as she was back in the seventies.

Interviewer: Do you still love her?

Warren: Yeah... I think I do.

Billy: Teddy died back in '83. He died doing what he loved.

Daisy: Everything I have and everything that I have done. My music, my sobriety, my daughter, it's all because of that night I left the band.

Interviewer (Julia Dunne, daughter of Billy & Camila Dunne): Have you been in love since?

Daisy: Many times. I'm sure you've read about some of them, but with Billy, it was different.

Billy: Everything that made Daisy burn, made me burn.

Daisy: Everything I loved about the world, he loved about it.

Billy: Everything that I struggled with, she struggled with.

Daisy: We were two halves in the way you almost never find with someone.

Billy: But at the same time, we were a mess. Two natural disasters who needed to heal.

Daisy: And I don't think we would have done that. I mean, I know we wouldn't have. At least not then.

Billy: I got out of rehab, started going to therapy. Joined the program, did some self reflection. It wasn't easy, took years, but it helped. I won your mother back. I got to write some more songs. I never missed a school play, or a soccer game. I got to see you become the amazing woman that you've become. And then your mother got sick.

Karen: She was the reason I joined the band, the reason I stayed.

Eddie: You know I would've been there at the funeral, I just didn't know.

Daisy: She saw a future for me that I couldn't see for myself, and she was right.

Cameron: She was always the best of all of us, my best friend. She helped me get to where I am today.

Warren: What's crazy is that anyone even remembers The Six.

Eddie: When Aurora was released on CD, we sold another, what? Two million? Three million?

Graham: It came on the radio the other day, the classic rock station. I thought that was crazy.

Cameron: It's pretty awesome. My daughter thinks it's the coolest thing ever, me having been in a rock band.

Billy: It's fun to think that you did something. You left your mark on the world.

Julia: Would you do it again?

Daisy: Do what, honey?

Julia: You know.

Daisy: I don't know how your mother would've felt about that.

Julia: I do.

On Tape

Camila: Here? I look ridiculous.

Julia: You look beautiful. You always look beautiful, mom.

Camila [fixing hair]: So, who else are you talking to?

Julia: Whoever's willing. The guys, Rod.

Camila: What about Daisy?

Julia: I might.

Camila: I'd like you to. Just tell her that I'm happy for her. She's made such a beautiful life for herself, and well, I've always been her biggest fan.

Julia: I'll tell her, mom.

Camila: Tell your father to give her a call. What?

Julia: Nothing, just surprised.

Camila: You shouldn't be. Your father and I, we had a beautiful marriage. We chose each other. But nothing in life is ever as simple as we want it to be. So one day, when he's ready, tell him to give Daisy Jones a call. And tell Daisy Jones to answer. At the very least, those two still owe me a song.

Billy Dunne found himself outside Daisy Jones' door, waiting for her to answer. She opened the door with a smile on her face.