07

Cameron: We got the song recorded and released it as a single.

I was driving down Sunset Strip when I heard it on the radio.

"Holy shit!" I yelled, I almost crashed my car I was so excited.

'Look At Us Now - The Six (Featuring Daisy Jones)'

I just remember thinking: We made it.

I don't even remember where I was going, but I turned around. I went straight back to the house. Everyone else was already home.

"Did you guys hear it?" I asked, out of breath from running up the driveway.

"Of course we heard it!" Warren said, hugging me.

Billy: Everyone was so happy, but I fucking hated that song.

"When's the last time anyone went through the mail?" Karen asked, picking up a large stack.

"Thought that was your job," Warren said, laughing.

"My job?" Karen asked.

"That pile in the sink, it's getting pretty big." Karen threw a piece of old food at Warren, "Hey!" He shouted, jumping up.

"Uh guys... does anyone know what these are?" Karen asked, smiling.

"Are we finally getting paid?!" Cameron asked, taking an envelope from Karen's hand.

"I'm rich! I'm rich!" Warren shouted, jumping up and down.

Warren: Six hundred dollars went a long way back then.

Graham: First thing I bought? A surfboard.

Eddie: Couple of amps, fuzz pedal.

Karen: Stock market, obviously.

Warren: There was this beautiful fur vest in a shop down in Venice.

Cameron: A new guitar, some sweet bell bottoms too.

Billy had rented him and Camila their own place. That meant the rest of us had the house to ourselves. I loved having Billy and Camila around, but with them out of the house everyone felt more... free.

The five of us were sitting up on the balcony, getting high.

"How long does it take to kick in?" Warren asked.

"It depends on the person," Karen said.

Warren suddenly stood up, "I feel like, on a molecular level, you know, me and the canyon, we're the same, man."

"Warren's feeling it," Karen said. I started laughing hysterically next, I was feeling it now too.

"I can't feel my heart," Graham said, Karen placed her hand on his chest.

"It's- It's beating." Karen said, reassuring him.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"I'm sure," She said, smiling.

"Don't move your hand." Graham said, looking back up towards the sky.

"Okay, I won't." Karen said.

Warren [laughs]: I really miss drugs.

Cameron: We had the number one song in the country. When we first started recording SevenEightNine, I felt like I was on top of the world. That was nothing compared to how I felt now.

They asked us to play at the Diamond Head Festival in Hawaii. We hadn't played a show in forever, and now they wanted us to play in Hawaii!

Eddie: We were on at one in the afternoon. But hey, at least we were invited.

Cameron: I was freaking out backstage. We had never played for a crowd this big before. I did a bump of cocaine, then a shot of whiskey. That calmed me down a lot, I felt good.

"Pittsburgh on three," Billy said, smoking a cigarette, "one, two, three..."

"Pittsburgh!" The rest of the band shouted.

Karen: Of course it wasn't just us that they wanted to play.

"Let's give it up for 'The Six'!" The announcer shouted from the stage.

Cameron: As we walked onto the stage, I gave Daisy a high five as I walked past her.

We started the set out with Flip The Switch. Daisy was supposed to come out for the fourth song. Instead, she came out after we finished the first one.

"Aloha!" Daisy said into the microphone. The crowd cheered for her.

Billy: She obviously did it on purpose.

Daisy Jones (lead singer, Daisy Jones & The Six): I'm not exactly a patient person.

Cameron: We played Look At Us Now next. I was having the time of my life up there, I'm sure the drugs contributed to that plenty.

Daisy was an incredibly performer. She belonged on that stage. It was clear that the crowd loved her too. She was full of energy, just dancing around and enjoying the moment.

It was hot, wearing leather pants was not the right move. I was sweating terribly, I had hair stuck to my forehead. I glanced over at Warren, smiling.

Warren: It was hot, really hot. Well, not only the weather. Cameron looked great. She had on this sheer, low cut, white top. Practically see through.

Cameron: After finishing Look At Us Now, we all figured that Daisy would get off the stage. But she didn't.

"You guys want me to stay for one more?" She asked the crowd. Of course, they erupted into cheers.

Daisy: They wouldn't let me leave!

Cameron: Daisy performed Look Me In The Eye with us next. She shared a mic with Billy, it was amazing to watch. Seeing the two of them on the stage like that... it was what this band needed.

We were all on a natural high after the show, I was actually high too, though. "That was incredible!" I shouted, grabbing onto Warren's arm as we walked down the stairs off the stage.

"Daisy, you were amazing," I said as we walked past her, "the crowd absolutely loved you."

We all hugged each other, Daisy and Billy went aside to talk. When I hugged Warren, our hug lasted a little longer than it should have.

"You looked great out there," He told me, finally releasing me from the hug.

"Thanks, man. You did too." I said back, smiling.

Cameron [laughing]: God, I was so stupid back then. I thought he was just being nice.

We were interviewed for TV too. Obviously, Daisy was a pretty popular conversation topic. But Billy was a dick about it. He didn't even give her credit for the song at all. Daisy made the song better. Her voice, her lyrics, everything about it was better because of her. I mean, she even wrote the most popular part of the song. Billy was jealous that there was someone else in this band who would be just as famous as he was.

We got back on the bus and went back to California after that.