17

Daisy: You start doing drugs to escape, to dull your emotions. But drugs don't dull your emotions, they heighten them. So coming down is a lot like rediscovering your sanity. And when you rediscover your sanity, it's only a matter of time before you remember what it was you needed to escape from in the first place.

Cameron: I felt for Daisy. I knew what it was like, going down that road. That was just how we lived our lives back then.

Karen: Even in shambles, Daisy was a powerhouse. But this was just... sad.

After that night, Daisy wasn't herself up on that stage anymore. She was less energetic, she felt alone.

The after parties weren't stopping either. That meant there were more drugs.

"Cam, just take it easy." Warren said, grabbing her wrist to pull her back into her seat.

"Warren, stop." She said.

"You've got to stop, you're hurting yourself."

"Not right now, okay?" Her voice was starting to break slightly.

"Just sit down, Cameron." He said, placing his arm around her shoulders. "Relax."

Cameron: Warren was always good at making me feel better, helping me calm down. He just wanted to help me and I wouldn't let him.

Interviewer: How did it feel to be sober on the tour?

Daisy: Sober isn't the right word for it. I started making rules for myself instead. No dexies in the morning, a bump of coke before shows. It was the best I could do under the circumstances.

"I almost died the other night." Daisy said into the microphone in the middle of one of the bands shows. The crowds cheers died down as the other band members looked around at each other.

"I was this close." She continued, holding up her hand to show the crowd.

"But I'm alive tonight!" She smiled, the crowd began cheering again.

"And you're alive tonight! So let's all just stay alive a little bit longer."

Cameron smiled softly at Daisy, their eyes meeting one another.

After the show, Karen jumped onto Graham's shoulders. Cameron leaned into Warren as he wrapped his arm around her.

Eddie: Spring of '77 was our moment.

Graham: It's when you least want things to change that they always do.

"It's over." Eddie said, looking up at the stage in disbelief. "Why would anyone care about us when stuff like this exists? We're done, we're dinosaurs."

"Relax man, they sound like shit." Cameron laughed, motioning her beer bottle to the young band in front of them.

"What is this shit?" Warren yelled over the loud music, lighting a cigarette.

"The future." Eddie sighed, walking away from the group.

Warren: We had the biggest album in the whole country. We were nominated for a bunch of fucking Grammys. We were on Saturday Night Live.

Eddie: It's called a 'moment' for a reason though, right?

The band arrived in New York next to play on Saturday Night Live. People were lined up along the gates, screaming as the band walked off the bus. Warren held Cameron close to him as they entered the building.

"Fuck... fuck!" Cameron mumbled to herself, frantically searching through the drawers of her dressing room before the show.

"Cameron?" Warren asked, stepping into her room.

Cameron turned to face him, running a hand through her hair.

"I can't find my pills, Warren." She said, throwing her hands in the air.

"It's okay, you don't need them." He said, trying to reassure her as he tried to bring her into a hug, Cameron just pushed him away from herself.

"I can't... I can't do it." She said, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. "I can't be here."

"Yes you can, it's alright." Warren said as Cameron finally let him wrap his arms around her.

"I'm sorry," She whispered into his chest.

"You don't need to apologize to me, Cam."

"Ever since my dad died I just keep taking them, and I know it's bad, but I can't stop." She said, finally breaking the hug.

"But you're in the best fucking band in the world, you're a rockstar. You'll get through it." Warren told her, getting her to crack a smile. "You're going to go out there and play great, okay?"

Cameron wiped the last few tears from her eyes before grabbing her guitar and making her way to stage. She was scared, looking out into the audience, her eyes scanning over all the unfamiliar faces. But once she looked back at Warren, all her worries seemed to fade away.

For the first time in a long time, Cameron felt good.

"That was fucking amazing!" Cameron shouted backstage, practically running into Warren's arms.

"I'm proud of you," He whispered.

The two slipped into a storage room somewhere backstage, Cameron's lips crashing down onto Warren's.

"You're incredible," Warren spoke, out of breath, as he buttoned his pants back up.

"I know." She whispered back before kissing him once more.

Cameron: Yeah, we had sex in a SNL storage closet.