13

Cameron: And just as things started to get better, it all crumbled.

My dad had died from a heart attack. I got the news from my mother, it was the first time I had spoken to her since she left when I was nine. I was in the biggest band in the fucking world, about to go on tour, and she never mentioned it, all I really wanted was just one 'I'm proud of you'.

I didn't handle any of it very well. I started doing a lot of coke and taking random pills. I tried to find other ways to cope, but everything just led back to the drugs. I thought that being on this tour would be like a distraction for me, but that only made it worse.

Daisy was gone too. Complete radio silence. I started to wonder if she would even come back for the tour.

Graham: There was no trace of her anywhere.

Karen: Didn't show up for rehearsals.

Warren: Some of us couldn't help but wonder if she was gone for good.

Eddie: I think one of us was hoping for that.

After disappearing for many weeks, Daisy showed up to the rehearsals. The band was laughing with Daisy when Billy walked in, immediately falling silent.

"Let's run 'Aurora'" Billy said, completely ignoring Daisy's presence. "With that new intro."

"You wanna start the set with 'Aurora'?" Daisy asked, looking over the setlist.

"That's what we decided."

"Interesting."

"Warren, when you're ready." Billy said, trying to start things.

"No 'Regret me' or 'Look At Us Now'?" Daisy asked, clearly unhappy.

"Well, Daisy, if you wanted to weigh in, the time for that was weeks ago when rehearsals started." Billy shot back.

"Do you guys need a minute?" Karen asked, frustrated.

"No. Warren, count us in." Billy yelled.

"Yes, actually, we do." Daisy said, spitting her gum into the setlist and crumpling it up.

"Jesus Christ," Cameron mumbled, running a hand through her hair.

Cameron: It was like Daisy had never even left.

"It's gonna be a long tour, so if you'd prefer to sit this one out, please be my guest." Billy snapped at Daisy.

"There is no tour without me you dumb son of a bitch." Daisy said, causing the rest of the band to almost laugh. "We're playing 'Regret Me'."

"Fine." Billy finally agreed.

"And 'Look At Us Now'."

"No."

"Yes."

"I said no!" Billy shouted, Daisy had finally reached his breaking point. "Warren, count us in for the love of fucking God."

"What did I miss?" A tall man asked, his accent was thick.

"Who the fuck is this guy?" Eddie asked what everyone was thinking.

"Everybody, this is Nicky. My husband." Daisy smiled.

Cameron's jaw dropped as she glanced over at Warren, whose mouth was also open. Billy glared at her, while the rest of the band shared some confused glances.

Cameron: We started the tour in December of '76.

"Take care of yourself," Camila told Cameron before she got onto the tour bus.

The tension between Camila and Eddie didn't go unnoticed. Cameron noticed the way the two of them just brushed past each other, not even saying goodbye.

Warren: Night one was in Albuquerque.

Rod Reyes (tour manger, Daisy Jones & The Six): You don't start in New York, or L.A., where the crowd is just nothing but critics. You want to start off small, somewhere you can work out the kinks.

"Can you do that again, Daisy? We're getting some feedback." One of the crew members spoke.

"Maybe don't move around so much, the mic gets shaky if you're just flailing around." Billy said.

"So, let's fix it."

"How are they supposed to light you if you can't stand still?"

"Hey! Excuse me," Daisy yelled to another passing by crew member. "Can you light me if I'm moving around?"

"Yeah, whatever you guys want."

Daisy smirked, returning to her spot to start the song again.

Karen: We were pretty sure Albuquerque would be a disaster.

Cameron: I very quickly got stressed out backstage. I thought I couldn't do it, I'd never played a crowd this big before. I mean, we were the most popular band in the world then, we were completely selling out stadiums. I did a few lines of coke before going onto the stage.

"You ready for this?" Warren asked as Cameron wiped some of the white powder off of her nose.

"Ready." Cameron replied, pulling him in for a kiss.

The crowd was cheering loudly as Warren started the drums for 'The River'.

Karen: But it was fantastic.

Cameron: 'The River' was always my favorite song on the album. Daisy and Billy sounded great, and I got to just fucking shred on that guitar. It was awesome.

"Thank you Albuquerque!" Billy shouted into the mic, waving to the crowd as the rest of the band walked off the stage.

"God, that was incredible!" Cameron shouted, leaning into Warren as they walked backstage. Warren pulled her aside to a more private area. He pushed her up the against the wall, his lips crashing down onto hers. Cameron's hands roamed up and down Warren's back.

"Cameron," Warren whispered, breaking the kiss, placing his forehead to hers. "I love you."

"I love you too," Cameron said, kissing him once more.

Cameron: I really did mean it.