19

CHICAGO

On October 4, 1977, Daisy Jones & The Six performed to a sold out crowd at Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Daisy Jones and The Six!"

It was the biggest show of the entire tour. The crowd was double the size they were normally playing. The band walked onto the stage, the lights shining brightly on them. Something was different this time. It was sad.

It would be their final performance.

Graham: If you would've told me that morning that it would be our last show, I would have laughed.

Cameron: I think I knew.

Karen and Graham kept giving each other sad looks when they thought the other wasn't and looking. Warren couldn't keep his eyes off of Cameron, just hoping she would look back. Eddie kept looking at Billy, who couldn't stop looking over at Daisy.

Billy: There's still a lot you don't know.

"Good evening, Chicago! We are so happy to be here tonight!" Daisy shouted as Billy walked backstage, downing a flask of alcohol.

                              11:45 AM

The band arrived at the hotel, each receiving their own room keys.

"Sound check at 4." Rod said, passing out the keys.

"I'll be there," Cameron said, laughing.

Cameron got up to her room, collapsing on to the bed, her limbs spread out in every direction. It was only a matter of time before she started to dig through her suitcases for her pills and cocaine.

12:55 PM

"I saw you in the kitchen this morning." Camila said, her eyes filled with tears as she pointed at the man standing in front of her. "The way you were looking at her!"

"Camila, we talked about this. You said it yourself, it's what the people want to see." Billy protested. "It's an act, you know that."

"Just tell me the truth. We're both adults, we've both done things."

"There's nothing-" Billy began saying, but stopping when the realization of Camila's words set in. "'We've both done things', what does that mean?"

"You know exactly what it means."

"Actually I don't. What things?" He asked, furious that Camila may have done the exact same things he had been doing throughout their marriage.

"How long has it been going on?" Camila asked, changing the topic back to Billy and Daisy.

"There is nothing going on!" Billy shouted, no matter what how much he yelled, Camila wouldn't believe it.

"Look, I kissed her." He finally admitted. "Once. Ages ago. That's it, I swear to God."

"Tell me you don't love her." Camila said, her voice breaking. "You can't even say it, can you?"

Daisy appeared in the hallway, interrupting their conversation. "Sorry."

"No stay. I'm done here." Camila said, walking away.

"She thinks we're having an affair. She thinks I'm in love with you." Billy said, looking at Daisy.

"And what did you say?"

"I told her the truth, Daisy. Nothing happened! And nothing ever will."

"Fuck!" He shouted before walking off.