12

Cameron: I loved having Daisy in the studio, she was a breath of fresh air. But, she was a mess sometimes.

"Did you try her room?" Teddy asked, Daisy was hours late to the recording session. Cameron was pacing around the studio, the others lying around.

"A couple times, yeah." Billy said, he sounded worried. "Do you think something happened?"

"She's probably just off somewhere." Teddy said, trying to reassure us.

"No, this is her record as much as mine." Billy said, "Somethings not right. I'm gonna find her."

"I'll go with you," Teddy said, following Billy.

"No, it's worse if the principal comes. I can handle it." Billy said, storming out of the studio.

Cameron groaned, sitting down next to Warren, resting her head on his shoulder.

Turns out, Daisy was partying. She took a lot, didn't even notice her feet bleeding when she stepped on broken glass. Billy was pissed, so was the label, she wasted an entire recording session.

Cameron, Warren, and Daisy were at the studio early the next morning. Daisy was lying on the floor, smoking a cigarette. Warren was sat next to her, using some empty beer cans as drums. Cameron was messing around with a few new riffs on the guitar, she put her guitar down when Billy walked in.

"Hey," he said, approaching Daisy, who had sat up. "I wrote something for you." He handed her a piece of paper.

"This'll be good," Cameron said under her breath to Warren.

"More fun to miss than to be with?" Daisy read the lyrics off the paper. "I'm not singing this."

"They're just words." Billy said. "What's the problem?" He said, clearly just trying to annoy her.

The rest of the band stood behind the glass window, watching Daisy sing. It wasn't Daisy's best work, she wasn't trying very hard. They both knew exactly how to get under the other's skin. Billy stood in front of the rest of the band, irritated at Daisy. He kept stopping her, making her restart the song. Again and again and again. It was uncomfortable for not just Daisy, but the rest of the band.

"Billy," Cameron said, finally getting fed up with him. "Just take it easy on her."

"Daisy you're not trying hard enough," Billy told her, walking into the studio.

"Fuck this." Daisy slammed her headphones on the table beside her, walking out of the studio. Billy chased after her.

"Jesus Christ." Cameron sighed, rubbing her forehead.

Cameron: I have no idea what Billy did to get her to sing like that, but she sounded incredible.

We were shooting the album cover on a mountain. Billy wanted it to be laid back, causal. Daisy wanted something bigger, and that's what we got.

Billy and Camila showed up last, Camila was carrying Julia in her arms.

"Oh, you're getting so big!" Cameron said in her high pitched baby voice, taking Julia from Camila's arms.

They had speakers set up all around the mountain, playing the bands songs.

"Is this that song 'Please'?" Camila asked, Cameron was still playing with Julia.

"Yeah, it was like Billy was possessed that day." Cameron said, turning her attention back to Camila.

"Billy?"

"Yeah, Billy wrote this one." Cameron said, looking confused.

"Oh, he told me Daisy wrote this one." A slight frown appeared on Camila's face.