Chapter 3

An hour later, Rory was wheeled back into the ER following her x-rays.

"Rory, you'll be heading for your MRI as soon as they are done with their current patient. Do you have any metal on your clothing at all? Maybe zippers or an underwire?" Logan asked as he walked back into the room.

"Is that your nice way of asking me to take my clothes off?" Rory asked slyly.

"Oh please. You know I'll be perfectly direct about that one." Logan told her, sticking his head out the door and looking around. "Veronica! Would you mind helping Miss Gilmore into a gown? She'll be heading for an MRI in a few minutes.

"Logan, you know I'm claustrophobic." Rory reminded him.

"I have some Versed in my pocket. It's going to make you kind of loopy. It's a short scan though. Only 30, maybe 45 minutes. You can take a nap after, while we wait for the results."

"Mom!!!" Rory cheered seeing her mom appear in the doorway.

"Mommy is here. How's my baby?"

"Well ..." Rory started. "Paris assaulted me with a needle, Logan is being Logan, and Veronica... I actually don't have a problem with her at all. Veronica and I are cool."

"Ok then! Hi Veronica, I'm Lorelai. It's nice to meet you." Lorelai smiled, extending her hand toward the nurse.

"Nice to meet you as well. You are gorgeous!"

"Thank you Honey! Flattery will get you everywhere!" Lorelai told her as she shook Veronica's hand, then turned to Paris. "Paris, why did you assault my daughter with a needle?"

"She needed a tetanus shot." Paris shrugged.

"Well yeah. But she says that you assaulted her."

"She was picking on me. And she might have told Logan that I said nice things about him. She deserved it."

"Paris, that was after the fact!" Rory interjected.

"Yeah well, you had it coming. And you're a baby. Deal with it!"

"OK children!" Lorelai said rolling her eyes. "We aren't in high school anymore. Now you ..." Lorelai started as she turned to face Logan, who was standing by the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, smirking at the scene unfolding in front of him. "What is this?!" She asked gesturing toward his appearance. "I thought for sure it was a coincidence when you called saying it was Doctor Huntzberger."

"I needed a change." He shrugged. "Something more challenging."

"So you went to medical school?"

"And I graduated. With Paris."