Chapter 4

"Hey Rory, it's time to wake up." Lorelai said, gently shaking her daughter to wake her up. All of your test results are in."

"Hey Ace, how are you feeling?" Logan asked as Rory's eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Like I got hit by a truck."

"Good news, food is on its way!" Lorelai told her.

"Actually, it's in my hand." Paris said walking into the room with a large bag of food. "Who bought out Jimmy John's?"

"That would be Lorelai." Logan answered.

"Hey, I had to feed all you children! Cut me a break here! I know you people all eat like Gilmores."

"Hey, I blame your daughter for that one!" Paris told her.

"Me too!" Logan agreed with a laugh.

"And I blame you for it, so that makes the three of us all your fault." Rory added.

"Well don't blame me, blame Gran. I swear, it's the Lorelai paradox! With the name comes a bottomless stomach." Lorelai told them.

"So let's eat then." Paris announced.

"Actually, let's hold off for a minute." Logan told her. "We should get Rory stitched up first."

"So the test results are back?"

"Like you didn't log in and check them yourself? Logan asked.

"Not yet, but I will."

"Don't bother. I already have them pulled up. Nothing is broken, no ligaments or torn and detached muscles. It's just a large deep cut. I'm going to stitch you up myself, then cast you for extra protection." Logan explained to everyone. "I've also got another unit of blood that I want to give you, just to be extra safe."

"So there weren't any veins damaged either?" Lorelai asked.

"It looks like only one, but the paramedics already took care of it." Logan told her as he pressed the nurse button next to Rory.

"Can I help you?" A female voice asked thru the speaker.

"Will you send Veronica in please?" Logan asked.

"Right away!" The voice answered, then the speaker shut off.

"Rory, I need to clean the wound before I stitch it up, so I'm going to give you some more morphine, then do a numbing injection in your arm, ok? You and Lorelai probably don't want to watch any of it." Logan explained.

"OK." Rory answered timidly.

"What color cast would you like?"