Chapter 78

"Hey April! I'm glad you could join us. I heard you've got an interview at the hospital tomorrow." Logan said, greeting his sister in-law as she walked into his home office.

"I did, it's tomorrow at 9am."

"Would you like me to go with you? I don't mind walking you in. I already put in a recommendation, but I don't mind going over with you if you'd like me to."

"Thank you, but I'm sure I'll be ok. I actually have a question for you."

"Alright."

"So I know that Rory is on bed rest because she went into premature labor. But . . . Do you think that maybe G and I could take her out for some fun if we got a wheelchair, and promise to not let her move out of it?"

"I don't know April. Rory needs to not be moving around."

"I know that, and so does G. But it's spring break, and we don't get to spend much time together. Plus, Rory's baby shower is this next weekend. G and I wanted to take her out for a sister day."

"What were you wanting to do?"

"We were thinking of maybe getting facials, lunch, catching a movie, maybe doing some shopping. We just want to give her a fun day of distraction from everything that's been going on. Maybe do some sight seeing. We can look into things that allow handicapped access, and aren't too crowded."

"I feel like we should ask Paris for permission."

"You of all people know that Paris would never agree to doing anything fun. What if we let you come too? That way Rory has immediate medical treatment if she needs it. We'll even let Lorelai come to give us extra help."

"What day did you want to do all of this?"

"What day would you be able to go with us?"

"Would you give me a day to think about it?"

"Sure. You deserve that."

"Why don't you and G talk and get a plan together. Let me know when you're ready, and we'll talk about it. I'm not going to make any promises, but I will at least take your plans into consideration."

"That is fair. Thank you."

"You're welcome. It looks like my schedule is clear on Wednesday, so if you wanted to look into doing something then, I would be able to go."

"I'll go talk to G right now." April said with a smile as she turned to leave the office.

"Hey April?"

"Yeah?"